Sheet Pan Beef and Broccoli
This classic Chinese dish can be cooked on one sheet pan and is ready in less than 30 minutes. It’s an easy dinner that makes enough to feed a large family or to divide up for your weekly meal prep.
Losing one hour this past Sunday for Daylight Savings has really messed with my schedule. I spent all of Sunday feeling rushed, out of sync and running behind. Waking up Monday morning was a lot harder than normal too.
Thank goodness for easy sheet pan meals. This one was enough to feed us dinner and have leftovers for lunch.
Beef and broccoli is one of my comfort dishes. It’s something I ate at least once a week when I was growing up and I cook it now quite often as well. I usually cook the dish in a wok, but this sheet pan version is quite nice too.
It’s a great meal solution for those low energy days because you don’t have to hover over the stove, constantly watching and stirring.
- I sliced the beef to about 1/4 inch thickness so that it cooks quickly and finishes at the same time as the broccoli. If you prefer thicker cuts of beef, you can cook the beef for a few minutes by itself before adding the broccoli to keep the broccoli from overcooking.
- Don’t omit the cornstarch. It tenderizes the beef and it thickens the sauce coating the beef and broccoli.
If you enjoy this recipe, I have a whole category of sheet pan recipes.
Sheet Pan Beef and Broccoli
- 1 lb flank steak or sirloin steak, thinly sliced against the grain (steak slices should be about 1/4 inch thick)
- 4 cups broccoli florets
- 2 scallions, sliced
- 2 tsp white sesame seeds
- 2 tbsp oyster sauce
- 1 ½ tbsp low sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 ½ tsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp water or chicken stock
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- 1 tbsp oyster sauce
- 1 tbsp low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 2 tbsp chicken stock or water
- 1/2 tsp cornstarch
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Lightly coat a large baking sheet with cooking oil spray. If you do not have cooking oil spray, you can also brush with cooking oil.
- In a small bowl, add all beef sauce ingredients. Whisk until cornstarch is fully dissolved and sauce ingredients are fully mixed together.
- Place beef into a large bowl. Pour sauce over beef. Toss the beef in sauce until all the beef is evenly coated in sauce. Let beef marinate for 10 minutes.
- Add broccoli sauce ingredients to your empty sauce bowl. Whisk until cornstarch is fully dissolved and sauce ingredients are fully mixed together.
- Add broccoli to a large bowl. Pour sauce over broccoli. Toss the broccoli in sauce until all the broccoli is evenly coated in sauce. The broccoli only needs a very light coating of sauce.
- Add beef and broccoli to your sheet pan. Spread them out so that the pieces do not overlap.
- Place sheet pan into oven and cook for about 5 minutes. Remove sheet pan briefly from oven. Use a turner or spatula to lightly toss the beef and broccoli in the sauce and flip the beef slices and broccoli florets over so that they cook evenly on both sides. Place sheet pan back into the oven. Cook for an additional 5-7 minutes or until beef is fully cooked and broccoli is tender but still crisp. Garnish with scallions and sesame seeds. Dish beef and broccoli out to serve. Pour remaining sauce from sheet pan over the beef and broccoli.
All images and content are © Kirbie's Cravings.
Did you make this recipe?
Share it on instagram with the hashtag #kirbiecravings!