This easy pound cake is just 3 ingredients. It doesn’t require butter or oil. The batter takes only about 5 minutes to prepare and you don’t even need a mixer to make it. This cake is perfect when you need a quick dessert.
This shortcut pound cake is perfect for when you need to bake some quick and easy. The batter comes together in just a few minutes and then it’s ready to go in the oven. It only takes 30 minutes to bake so you can have a fresh baked cake in just a little over half an hour. It’s great on its own, or garnish it with some powdered sugar. I also like to serve it with fresh berries.
- Condensed Milk
- Self-Rising Flour
Condensed Milk: Condensed milk gives this cake moisture, sweetness and a tight crumb. Make sure you use full fat sweetened condensed milk. I have not tried this with dairy-free condensed milk alternatives.
Self-Rising Flour: If you don’t have self-rising flour, you can make your own with all purpose flour, baking powder and salt. I share the exact amounts in the recipe card notes at the end of the post. I have not tried this recipe with gluten-free flour.
Condensed Milk Cake
This cake is not your classic pound cake but it is similar to pound cake. Using condensed milk gives the cake a unique texture. While the cake looks fluffy, it actually has a very tight crumb, similar to pound cake texture.
This cake was baked in an 8 inch round pan. You can bake it in a bundt pan, though it won’t rise as high. You can also bake it in a loaf pan. If you do use a round cake pan, do not use a springform pan. The batter is very thin and will leak if you use a springform pan.
More 3 Ingredient Desserts with Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 3 Ingredient Banana Bread
- Coconut Macaroons
- 3 Ingredient No Churn Ice Cream
- Fluffy Cheesecake
- No Bake Key Lime Pie
- 3 Ingredient Apple Cake
3 Ingredient Condensed Milk Pound Cake
- 4 large eggs
- 1 (14 oz) can sweetened condensed milk full fat
- 1 1/4 cup (156 g) self-rising flour
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease the interior of an 8 inch round cake pan and then line it with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, whisk eggs until well beaten. Add in condensed milk and whisk until batter is uniform. Add in flour and whisk until no flour lumps remain.
- Pour batter into prepared baking pan. Bake for about 30 minutes or until cake is golden and toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Even if you use a non-stick pan, it is best to line it with parchment paper. I found this prevents the edges from getting too dark during baking. I used a round parchment paper for the bottom of the pan and then lined the sides with a long strip of parchment paper.
- Cake can be baked in a loaf pan. Cake can't be baked in a springform pan because the batter will leak.
- If you don't have self-rising flour you can make your own. Whisk together 2 cups all purpose flour + 3 tsp baking powder + 1/2 tsp salt. Measure out 1 1/4 cups for the recipe.
- I used one 14-oz (396 g) can condensed milk. 14 oz is the weight. If measuring in cups, it is approximately 1 1/4 US cups of condensed milk.
The nutrition information provided are only estimates based on an online nutritional calculator. I am not a certified nutritionist. Please consult a professional nutritionist or doctor for accurate information and any dietary restrictions and concerns you may have.