- 1 large egg
- 1 tbsp + 1/2 tsp Natural Mate All Purpose Granular Stevia or sugar substitute of your choice equivalent to 2 tbsp + 1 tsp sugar
- 1 3/4 tbsp unsweetened dutch process cocoa powder
In a microwave-safe mug that holds at least 8 oz of liquid, add all ingredients.
Whisk with a small whisk until batter is completely smooth and egg has been fully beaten and incorporated into batter.
Cook in the microwave at full power for about 45 seconds. I use a 1000 watt microwave. If your microwave power is less or more, please adjust cooking time and/or cooking power accordingly. Let the cake cool a few minutes before eating. Cake is best eaten warm with toppings.
- For the sugar substitute, I used Natural Mate Stevia All Purpose Natural Sweetener*
- If you have a favorite keto friendly sugar substitute, it will likely work with this recipe. Just make sure you add the equivalent of 2 tbsp + 1 tsp of sugar.
- I use a 1000 watt microwave. If your microwave power is less or more, please adjust cooking time and/or cooking power accordingly.
- The cake is best enjoyed warm as it does tend to get a little dry if left to sit for several hours.
- I do find the cake a little plain on its own, so I would recommend adding toppings. Some toppings I've used include fresh berries, sugar free chocolate syrup and powdered sugar substitute (like swerve)
- *Some of the product links contained in this post are affiliate links. Much like referral codes, this means I earn a small commission if you purchase a product I referred (at no extra charge to you).
Estimated Nutrition Information does not include toppings or carbs from erythritol