When I make something I like, I tend to make it several times in a row, trying out different variations. After making the bacon egg cups, I tried several variations including ones sprinkled with cheese.
I don’t really like melted cheese on my food (I always order regular burgers and not cheeseburgers), but FH loves melted cheese on everything so he really liked this variation.
It’s just as simple as the bacon egg cups if you have shredded cheese in your fridge like I did. I sprinkled a blend of Monterey jack and cheddar cheese. I don’t like how these look as much as the bacon egg cups because it covers up the egg yolk. It also makes it a little harder to tell how cooked the egg is, so you kind of have to guess. My eggs ended up being fully cooked for these, no runny eggs.
Bacon Egg Cheese Cups
- 4 eggs
- 4 slices precooked bacon if you are using raw bacon, make sure to heat it up so it is cooked about 2/3 of the way before placing it into the molds
- 1/3 cup shredded cheese I used monterey jack and cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Spray muffin tin with pam spray.
- Line muffin pans with bacon so that it circles each mold. Break an egg into the center of each mold. Sprinkle cheese on top.
- Bake for about 8 minutes or until egg is cooked to the doneness of your liking. Serve while warm.
The nutrition information provided are only estimates based on an online nutritional calculator. I am not a certified nutritionist. Please consult a professional nutritionist or doctor for accurate information and any dietary restrictions and concerns you may have.