- 2 medium zucchinis spiralized (I used the straight blade for long ribbons)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 lb chicken tenders cut into thin slices
- 6 oz Chinese broccoli chopped into bite-sized pieces, stems and leaves separated
- 1 red bell pepper thinly sliced
- 1 carrot thinly sliced
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 2 tsp brown sugar (or brown sugar alternative for low carb)
- 2 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 tbsp oyster sauce
- 1 tbsp Maggi seasoning sauce you can also use black soy sauce which is not the same as regular soy sauce
- 1 tsp rice vinegar
- 2 tsp red chili paste
- 1/2 -1 cup Thai basil leaves
- In a small bowl, add garlic, brown sugar, fish sauce, oyster sauce, Maggi sauce, rice vinegar, and chili paste. Mix, taste and adjust as needed. Keep in mind that every brand makes the sauces slightly different so adjust to your personal preference.
- In a skillet, add 1 tbsp olive oil and bring to medium high heat. Add in zucchini noodles and cook until just barely cooked and water has been released from zucchini. Drain water from zucchini and set aside zucchini noodles.
- In a large wok or skillet, add 1 tbsp olive oil and bring to medium high heat. Add in chicken and cook until chicken is about 70% cooked. Add in broccoli stems and cook a few minutes (until half cooked) before adding in bell pepper, carrot, broccoli leaves. Stir and cook. When everything is just about cooked, add in the zucchini noodles and basil and drizzle everything with sauce. Toss and cook on high heat until sauce is evenly coated and basil is wilted. If your zucchini released more water during cooking, drain excess watery sauce before serving.
Nutrition estimate is calculated using brown sugar. To further reduce carb and sugar count, you can use a brown sugar alternative like sukrin gold brown sugar alternative.*
*Some of the product links contained in this post are affiliate links. Much like referral codes, this means I earn a small commission if you purchase a product I referred (at no extra charge to you).