It doesn’t get any easier than this mango ice cream recipe. You only need three ingredients and a little patience while you wait for it to set up in the freezer. It’s cool, creamy and a refreshing summer dessert.
Yes, you read the title right – this mango ice cream only takes five minutes to make and you don’t need an ice cream maker. All you need are three ingredients and the hardest part for me was waiting for it to set up in the freezer.
I stumbled on this recipe when I was browsing All Recipes and the recipe notes promised a quick and easy ice cream. Of course, I had to try it! I love homemade ice cream but I don’t have an ice cream maker so I haven’t tried making it myself yet. Well, with this recipe you don’t need a machine and it looked so easy I had to try it. Instead of using strawberries I used fresh mangos for mine.
It’s a cross between ice cream and sorbet because it’s pretty soft and creamy.
3 Ingredient Ice Cream
- 3 cups frozen mango chunks
- Heavy cream
For the fruit, you can use a lot of different kinds as long as it’s frozen. I think peaches, blueberries, and raspberries would all work really well, too. The next time I make it I might try a combination of fruit.
How to Make the Ice Cream
- I used my food processor to puree the fruit first, but you can also use your blender. You just want to make sure the fruit is completely broken down and smooth.
- Slowly add the creamy as you are pureeing the fruit. Then add the sugar. Depending on how sweet your fruit is you will want to start with less sugar and add more until it reaches your desired sweetness. Just add it slowly and stop to taste as you go.
- You can serve it immediately but it will be very soft – almost like melted ice cream. Or, you can freeze it for 30 minutes to firm it up but will be a little icier.
Is it like premium ice cream from an ice cream shop? Not really, but it only takes five minutes to make and tastes really good so I would definitely make it again when I have an ice cream craving. It’s really nice as a quick cold treat when it’s hot out.
If you’re looking for more ideas be sure to check out all of my no-churn and ice cream machine recipes.
Five Minute Mango Ice Cream/Sorbet
- 2 cups frozen mangoes cubed.
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2/3 cup heavy cream
- Process mangoes in the food processor, until the fruit is roughly chopped. With the processor running, slowly pour in the heavy cream until fully blended. Add sugar slowly until reaching desired sweetness. Serve immediately, or freeze for 30 minutes before serving.
- If you eat immediately, it has the texture of melted ice cream. The freezer will firm it up but also makes it more icy.
The nutrition information provided are only estimates based on an online nutritional calculator. I am not a certified nutritionist. Please consult a professional nutritionist or doctor for accurate information and any dietary restrictions and concerns you may have.