Flourless Almond Butter Mug Cake
This flourless almond butter mug cake is just four ingredients and ready in minutes. It is fluffy, moist and you won’t believe it doesn’t contain any flour.
With the hot weather, we’ve been avoiding turning on the oven whenever possible, which is why my mug cake obsession comes in handy. I was craving something sweet the other day and was able to whip this up in minutes. It was definitely satisfying.
The last time I made a mug cake was for my local morning show appearance a few weeks ago, when I demonstrated my flourless peanut butter mug cake. Making this cake brought back memories of that morning’s prep. I was in my kitchen making the finished mug cakes so that the host would have something to taste. I had just finished making the flourless peanut butter mug cake and it was one of the prettiest ones I’ve ever made. It came out even, smooth and just slightly overflowing over the top of the mug.
MY LATEST VIDEOS
And then my husband accidentally ate it. Yup, that happened.
You see, in my paranoia that I was going to mess up and forget a crucial ingredient, I made two of each one. That way I could taste one and be rest assured I made it correctly, and still have one left for the TV segment. Well, when I told Mr. K to please taste the one I had already deemed the ugly taste tester one, he did. But he thought he was supposed to taste everything, so then he went on and took a bite out of my perfect one too.
He did feel really bad after. I was able to make a new one, but the extra few minutes actually had us scrambling to get there on time and the new one just wasn’t nearly as pretty. Oh well. It’s something to laugh about now and at least everything else went well with the segment.
If you enjoy this mug cake, please check out my 5-Minute Mug Cakes book. It’s the perfect dessert book for summer.
- 2 1/2 tbsp creamy almond butter I prefer to use Jif brand because of its consistency
- 1 large egg
- 3 tsp granulated white sugar or more if you want something sweeter
- 1/8 tsp baking powder
All images and content are © Kirbie's Cravings.
1. Combine all ingredients into an oversized microwave-safe mug. This cake does rise quite a bit, so make sure your mug is at least 12 oz.
2. Mix with a small whisk until batter is completely smooth. Make sure you whisk until all the egg has fully been mixed in, otherwise it won't bake properly. You should have an even, brown batter. It really helps if you are using a whisk rather than a fork.
3. Microwave for about 1 minute 20 seconds. Let cake cool a few minutes before eating. If desired, you can also top with powdered sugar or syrup.