My favorite peanut butter cookie recipe is this flourless peanut butter cookie recipe I posted about last year.
Recently, I came across a variation adding oats to the batter on Domestic Fits. Same easy batter, but with healthy oats added to it. Genius!
I had all the ingredients on hand, so I was able to quickly whip this up this weekend, cram a few in my mouth between cleaning the kitchen, and pack a bunch for Mr. K to snack on at work.
More Cookie Recipes
Flourless Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter use store bought rather than natural
- 1 cup packed golden brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup quick oats
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Add everything except oats and chocolate chips in a large bowl. Using a whisk or large spoon, mix until batter is smooth. Stir in oats and chocolate chips. Batter will be very sticky and wet. Line baking sheets with parchment paper. Scoop generous 1 tablespoon dough and place onto cookie sheet, space about 2 inches apart. Using moistened hands, shape dough on sheets to form balls.
- Bake cookies until golden about 10-12 minutes. Cookies will look done but if you touch them, they will not be fully set. Leave cookies on sheet to cool and set before moving them.
The nutrition information provided are only estimates based on an online nutritional calculator. I am not a certified nutritionist. Please consult a professional nutritionist or doctor for accurate information and any dietary restrictions and concerns you may have.