Asian-style garlic butter noodles are easy and delicious. They are ready in less than 30 minutes!
I can never resist ordering garlic noodles whenever I see them offered on a restaurant menu. But they are also super easy to make at home.
With Chinese New Year’s coming soon, I’ve been planning my menu and trying to decide what noodle dish to make. I’m definitely considering this one.
One of the key ingredients to this dish is Maggi Seasoning Sauce. It’s a common ingredient found in a lot of Asian recipes, especially Vietnamese ones. It’s fairly easy to find in grocery stores or on Amazon. It tastes similar to soy sauce but with much more depth.
The garlic noodles look quite plain so I garnished them with some fresh parsley and some grated Parmesan cheese. The noodles are best served hot while the garlic butter sauce is still warm.
- You can make this with a variety of noodles including spaghetti noodles but I prefer to buy fresh egg noodles as they have a more chewy texture. If you start with dry pasta, you should only measure out enough dry pasta to yield 1 lb of cooked pasta for the recipe.
- Fresh egg noodles are sold at most Chinese grocery stores.
- Maggi Sauce is available at most grocery stores and on Amazon.*
*Some of the product links contained in this post are affiliate links. Much like referral codes, this means I earn a small commission if you purchase a product I referred (at no extra charge to you).
- 1 lb fresh egg noodles
- 2 tsp finely chopped parsley
- 2 tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
- 4 oz unsalted butter
- 2 tbsp minced garlic (approx 6-8 garlic cloves)
- 1 tbsp Maggi Seasoning Sauce
- 1/2 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1/2 tbsp oyster sauce
- Fill water into a medium pot and bring to a boil. Add noodles and cook until al dente. Drain and set aside.
- In a small saucepan, add butter. Bring pan to medium heat and melt butter. Add in garlic and cook a few minutes until the aroma of the garlic comes out and garlic is lightly cooked. Add in remaining sauce ingredients and stir until fully mixed in.
- Add noodles to a large bowl. Pour sauce over noodles. Toss until noodles are evenly coated in sauce. Garnish with parsley. Dish out noodles and top with parmesan cheese. Noodles are best consumed warm.
All images and content are © Kirbie's Cravings.
Did you make this recipe?
Share it on instagram with the hashtag #kirbiecravings!