These muffins capture all the flavors of a Thanksgiving meal in one bite.
When I tasted these, it made me think of those cooking show contest challenges where you have to put a meal on a single tasting spoon. Made with leftover shredded turkey, sausage cornbread stuffing, roasted butternut squash, and some dried cranberries for good measure, these savory muffins are a great way to get rid of leftovers and continue to enjoy Thanksgiving even after the holiday is over.
I hope everyone had a good Thanksgiving holiday. I spent the day with my family, eating a ton of turkey and mashed potatoes. Afterward, we hit major food coma and drank hot chocolate while watching movies. This morning, we woke up to a lot of leftover turkey and stuffing, making it a perfect time to make these muffins.
I am really happy with how these turned out because we usually end up just tossing the leftover stuffing.
Leftover Thanksgiving Stuffing Muffins
- 6 cups packed of leftover cornbread sausage stuffing
- 1 cup shredded roasted turkey
- 2 large eggs
- low sodium chicken stock as needed, depending on how moist your stuffing already is. you want it to be semi-dry, so if your stuffing is very dry, you may need to add some stock
- 1/2 cup roasted butternut squash cubed
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- chopped parsley for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line muffin tins with cupcake liners.
- Add stuffing, squash and turkey into a large mixing bowl. If your stuffing is very dry you will need to add a few tbsp of chicken stock to moisten it. Add in two eggs and stir until everything is thoroughly combined. The eggs are your binding agent.
- Scoop stuffing mixture into prepared muffin tins. Add a little pressure when scooping it in, to compact and tighten. Top each with 3-4 cranberries and a sprinkle of chopped parsley. Bake for about 20 minutes until tops become crispy.
The nutrition information provided are only estimates based on an online nutritional calculator. I am not a certified nutritionist. Please consult a professional nutritionist or doctor for accurate information and any dietary restrictions and concerns you may have.