Microwave lemon curd takes about 5 minutes to cook in the microwave. It’s super easy to make your own homemade lemon curd! Spread it on toast and scones or make large batches as gifts.
I am extremely lazy when it comes to making homemade jams and curds. I always say this will be the year I will do it and it still hasn’t happened. But then I came across recipes for microwave lemon curd.
Now this is something I can handle. It took about 10 minutes to get everything together. And then you cook it in the microwave at one minute intervals until it’s done. Mine was done at exactly 5 minutes.
This lemon curd is just lovely. It’s thick and spreadable, with just the right balance of tart and sweet. Now I need to make some scones to spread it on! I’ll definitely be making more homemade lemon curd this summer once I get some more lemons.
Tools I Used
*Some of the links contained in this post are affiliate links. Much like referral codes, this means I earn a small commission if you purchase a product I referred (at no extra charge to you).
Microwave Lemon Curd
- 1 cup white granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup fresh lemon juice from about 3-4 large lemons
- zest of 3 lemons
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter melted
- In a large microwave-safe bowl, whisk together sugar and eggs until smooth. Add in lemon juice, zest and butter and whisk until everything is combined.
- Cook in the microwave at full power at 1 minute intervals, stirring in between each minute, until lemon curd is thickened and can coat the back of the spoon. It should take about 5 minutes.
- Pour into sterile jars and allow the curd to cool in the fridge where it will thicken even more. Keep curd in the fridge for up to 3 weeks.
The nutrition information provided are only estimates based on an online nutritional calculator. I am not a certified nutritionist. Please consult a professional nutritionist or doctor for accurate information and any dietary restrictions and concerns you may have.