Aren’t these adorable? I love the mini portable form and you can eat these without using any utensils.
I got the idea after seeing these mini pot pie cupcakes. I wanted to do something similar, but wanted to fill them with something else. And I came up with creamy macaroni and cheese.
For the “pie crust” I used Pillsbury flaky biscuit dough. I baked them with creamy macaroni and cheese scooped into the middle, with some bacon on top for an added crunch and flavor.
I had a lot of fun making and eating these. They make a great party food dish too.
Mini Macaroni and Cheese Pies
- 2 cups your favorite macaroni and cheese recipe I used this creamy recipe
- 1 can flaky Pillsbury biscuit dough
- 3 pieces precooked bacon diced into small pieces
- Make macaroni and cheese.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a muffin/cupcake pan.
- Pop open can of biscuit dough. Remove each biscuit piece and press into muffin mold, so that it completely lines the muffin mold, with some dough coming above the muffin mold as well. Make sure to thin out the dough so neither the bottom or top is too thick as it will expand further when baking.
- Scoop about 1/4 cup of macaroni and cheese into the middle of each mold. Sprinkle some small pieces of bacon on top. Bake for about 20 minutes until biscuits come out golden brown.
The nutrition information provided are only estimates based on an online nutritional calculator. I am not a certified nutritionist. Please consult a professional nutritionist or doctor for accurate information and any dietary restrictions and concerns you may have.