- 3 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 cup chopped semisweet chocolate
- 1 large egg
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 scant teaspoon salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 8 tsp Nutella
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips optional
- Place butter and 1 cup of chopped chocolate in a small glass bowl and microwave for 1 minute. Whisk the melted chocolate. Heat for an additional 30 seconds and stir again. If chocolate is still not melted, heat a little bit more and stir until chocolate is completely melted. Then set aside to cool.
- Beat the egg, sugar, salt and vanilla in a medium bowl for about 2 minutes. Beat in the melted chocolate mixture.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together flour and baking powder, then stir flour mixture into chocolate mixture. Chill dough in freezer for about 10-15 minutes to firm up the the dough enough to work with.
Preheat oven to 375°F. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper. Scoop up about a tablespoon of dough and shape into a ball. Flatten ball in palm of hand and place a teaspoon of Nutella into middle of dough. Seal up the sides of the dough to form a ball again.
- Place dough balls about 2 inches apart on lined baking sheet. Bake cookies for about 12 minutes. Cookies are best served warm. If cookies have cooled, simply stick them in the microwave for about 20 seconds.
Recipe adapted from Cookie Madness