Just as I was dozing off to sleep one day last week, this image floated into my mind of a mini Nutella pizza. I immediately had to force myself to get up and jot down the idea for fear I might forget by the time I woke up. I have no idea why it came to my mind in the first place, but I’m happy it did.
I’ve seen pizza places slather some Nutella on pizza dough sticks before, but I’ve never seen Nutella pizza presented quite this way. I love how they came out.
I made them as individual servings, with each pizza measuring just a little under 4 inches in diameter. The Nutella replaces the traditional marinara sauce. For cheese, I sprinkled shredded unsweetened coconut and the strawberry slices are the topping.
I didn’t add any sugar to the pizza dough and chose unsweetened coconut since the Nutella is already so sweet. These are definitely a fun dessert to make for yourself or a loved one. It’s easy to assemble too.
- 1 can premade Pillsbury pizza dough
- 8 heaping tablespoons of Nutella
- Approx 4 medium strawberries
- 4 tbsp shredded unsweetened coconut
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Divide pizza dough into four pieces. Roll each dough into thin pizza rounds. You should have enough dough to roll into 4 round pies a little under 4 inches in diameter.
- Heat Nutella in microwave for about 20-30 seconds so it is easy to spread. Spread a very thin layer of Nutella on surface of pizza dough, as if you were putting tomato sauce on pizza, leaving about 1/2 inch of border. You should only use up less than half of the Nutella. This Nutella will actually dry out during baking and you will put another Nutella layer later on, but this small layer will ensure that the crust bakes up like a pizza with the middle being thinner and the outer crust puffing up. Bake about 10-15 minutes until dough is finished, puffed up and a light brown color around the edges.
- Once pizzas are done, spread the rest of the Nutella evenly onto each pizza round surface, covering the baked Nutella layer. You may need to reheat the Nutella in the microwave before trying to spread it onto the pizza. Sprinkle coconut across Nutella surface. Top with slices of strawberries. Serve immediately.
The nutrition information provided are only estimates based on an online nutritional calculator. I am not a certified nutritionist. Please consult a professional nutritionist or doctor for accurate information and any dietary restrictions and concerns you may have.