Parmesan Chicken Nuggets
These crunchy, baked Parmesan chicken nuggets are easy and delicious.
I just returned from an epic eating trip to New Orleans and while I normally have a bottomless stomach, I feel completely tapped out. I was eating about 6 meals a day and now I don’t think I’ll be hungry again for a month. Definitely no more heavy foods for a few days.
So I made these chicken nuggets. I love the flavor of Parmesan cheese. It just seems to make everything taste better, doesn’t it?
The chicken nuggets are baked but still have a thick crunchy coating. It takes about 30 minutes to make these. Mr. K was hovering over me the whole time, asking if I was done photographing yet so he could dig in.
These nuggets taste great with a side of marina sauce or ketchup. I never realized how easy it is to make homemade nuggets. I’ll definitely be making these more often!
- 1 lb boneless chicken breast cut into small cubes (see note)
- 2 cups panko bread crumbs Kikkoman brand preferred
- 1 cup finely ground Parmesan cheese (see note)
- 2 large eggs whisked
- marinara or ketchup sauce for dipping
Preheat oven to 400°F. Add panko and cheese to a large bowl and then mix together until thoroughly combined. Dip chicken pieces in egg and then roll in bread crumb mixture until fully coated. Dip again in egg and roll again in bread crumbs and place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Repeat with remaining chicken
Bake for about 20 minutes until coating is a dark golden brown and crunchy. Flip nuggets and bake another 5-10 minutes until other side turns dark golden brown, as well. Serve with marinara sauce or ketchup.
- The chicken does not need to be the size of nuggets because they will become bigger from the double coating.
- I used shredded Parmesan cheese and pulsed it through a food processor until the crumbs were the same size as the panko breadcrumbs.
The nutrition information provided are only estimates based on an online nutritional calculator. I am not a certified nutritionist. Please consult a professional nutritionist or doctor for accurate information and any dietary restrictions and concerns you may have. All images and content are © Kirbie's Cravings.
Parmesan Chicken Nuggets
Amount Per Serving (0.25 of recipe)
Calories 375 Calories from Fat 97
% Daily Value*
Saturated Fat 4.9g31%
Polyunsaturated Fat 1.1g
Monounsaturated Fat 3.4g
Vitamin A 300IU6%
Net Carbs 25g50%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.