February 5th is World Nutella Day, and I’m hurrying to get this post published before the day ends! Now you might be thinking I’ve already done a Nutella mug cake, but actually, I haven’t.
I did a chocolate Nutella mug cake which had Nutella and cocoa powder mixed into the cake. I also did a brownie cake with Nutella swirled in. But this one is a pure Nutella cake, or “Pure Nutella.”
The Nutella flavor really comes through in this cake. Like all my other microwave mug cakes, it’s super easy to make. Mix everything in one cup, microwave for about 1 1/2 minutes and you are done! A steaming hot, made from scratch cake. Happy World Nutella Day!
If you enjoy mug cakes, here are the rest of the mug cakes I’ve made so far:
- Bailey’s Irish Cream Mug Cake
- Peanut Butter Mug Cake
- Nutella brownie mug cake
- Biscoff mug cake
- Strawberry mug cake
- Pumpkin Mug Cake
- Brownie mug cake
- Nutella Chocolate Mug Cake
- Blueberry mug cake
- Chocolate mug cake
- Chocolate caramel mug cake
- Peanut butter chocolate mug cake
Pure Nutella Mug Cake
- 4 tbsp all purpose flour
- 3 tbsp white granulated sugar
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1 egg
- 3 tbsp Nutella
- 3 tbsp milk
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil
- Combine all ingredients in an oversized coffee mug. Whisk well with a small whisk until smooth.
- Microwave on high for 1 1/2 minutes and then take it out to check to see if it is done. If not, microwave for another 30 seconds. You don’t want to overcook it or it will become rubbery.
- You can also make this into two smaller-sized mugs. You can mix the batter all in one mug and then pour half into another mug. Make sure you cook each one individually.
The nutrition information provided are only estimates based on an online nutritional calculator. I am not a certified nutritionist. Please consult a professional nutritionist or doctor for accurate information and any dietary restrictions and concerns you may have.