This S’mores Mug cake makes a fun, single-serving dessert that cooks in just one minute in the microwave. It’s a graham cracker flavored cake, mixed with melted chocolate and topped with torched marshmallows.
I woke up the other morning craving a S’mores Mug Cake. The hot weather seems to have hit early this year and the summer weather had me in the mood for making s’mores. We didn’t actually make any. I need to throw a summer party soon so I can have an excuse to roast S’mores over an open fire. But until then, this S’mores mug cake will do nicely.
The torched marshmallows melted lightly over the surface of the still warm cake, creating a marshmallow-like frosting. The cake itself has graham crackers in two forms: powdered and crumbled. And I stirred in some chocolate discs for the full melted chocolate effect. It’s a sweet, gooey, melty dessert–much like the original.
Recipe video now included!
S'mores Mug Cake
- 3 1/2 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 2 tbsp graham cracker flour (see note)
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 3 tbsp low fat milk
- 1 tbsp granulated sugar
- 1 tbsp graham cracker crumbles (see note)
- 1 1/2 tbsp one inch chocolate discs halved (I used Hershey's chocolate melts; cut the chocolate discs in half before measuring out 1 1/2 tbsp)
- 3 large torched marshmallows
- Combine flour, powdered graham crackers, baking powder, oil, milk, and sugar into a microwave-safe mug at least 8 oz in size. Mix with a small whisk until no flour chunks remain. Stir in graham cracker crumbles and 1 tbsp of chocolate disc halves. Add remaining chocolate discs on top of the batter.
- Cook in the microwave for about 1 minute. Top of cake should look done and the surface of the cake should be dry rather than gooey.
- Torch marshmallows with a kitchen torch and add on top to the still-warm cake, pushing down slightly so that the marshmallows partially melt onto the cake surface. Serve immediately.
- Graham cracker flour: Place graham crackers in food processor or blend and pulse until it resembles flour.
- Graham cracker crumbles: See the photo in the post for guidance on the size of the crumbles.
- The recipe video does not contain the graham cracker crumbles. I later added this to the recipe as I think the graham cracker flour by itself is too subtle when mixed with chocolate. But the pieces of crackers definitely help boost the graham cracker flavor for the cake.
The nutrition information provided are only estimates based on an online nutritional calculator. I am not a certified nutritionist. Please consult a professional nutritionist or doctor for accurate information and any dietary restrictions and concerns you may have.