I’ve been obsessed with cake mix lately as you may have noticed. I got away from red velvet finally but then I found this lovely strawberry cake mix and thought the pink would also be perfect for the upcoming Valentine’s Day.
I’ve never tried strawberry cake mix until now. It did taste quite like strawberries and the batter is studded with little red specks which I think are supposed to be freeze-dried berries. Like all my other cake mix cookies, these are so easy to make and perfect if you in a time crunch.
They are crispy on the outside and chewy on the inside, which is my favorite texture for cookies. You don’t need a mixer, just a large wooden spoon and a large mixing bowl.
Strawberry Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 box strawberry cake mix
- halfway in between 1/3 and 1/2 cup oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line two cookie sheets with silpat mats or parchment paper.
- Mix cake mix, oil and egg in a large bowl until batter is smooth and no dry cake mix powder remains. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Take about 2 tbsp dough and form into a ball. The ball should be about 1 1/2 inches in diameter. Place on cookie sheet. Repeat with remaining dough about 2 inches apart. Bake about 12 minutes until cookies are set, and edges start to turn a light brown. Let cookies cool on baking sheets and finish setting before removing.
The nutrition information provided are only estimates based on an online nutritional calculator. I am not a certified nutritionist. Please consult a professional nutritionist or doctor for accurate information and any dietary restrictions and concerns you may have.