- 8 oz chocolate chips of your choice I used semisweet, but if you prefer sweeter you can use milk chocolate or bittersweet chocolate
- Nutella for filling
- 3 small strawberries cut into four pieces each
- Line mini muffin pan with candy liners. Put chocolate chips into a microwave safe bowl and microwave for about 30 seconds. Mix with large wooden spoon. Microwave again for 30 seconds. Stir again. if chocolate is not yet completely melted and smooth, repeat for another 15 second intervals.
Take a small spoon and scoop some melted chocolate into the bottom of each cupcake liner so that it completely lines the bottom (you want it thick enough to hold in the Nutella but not too thick so that you don't have room for filling the cups). Take the back of the spoon and dip into chocolate and line the inner sides of the cupcake liners with chocolate as well. Repeat with all cupcake liners. Once the inside of the cupcake liners has been completely coated with chocolate, put in the refrigerator to harden, for about 20 minutes.
Remove liners from fridge after the chocolate has hardened. Take a small spoonful of Nutella and place into each chocolate cup, leaving a little room for the strawberry.
- Place strawberry piece in middle of each cup and push down so the Nutella covers it. If the strawberry piece is too big, you can cut it down more and have a few small chunks inside each cup. Take a spoonful of the remaining melted chocolate and pour on top of Nutella filling until you can no longer see the Nutella. Attempt to smooth top with back of spoon. Repeat with remaining cups.
- Place cups in fridge for another 20 minutes until chocolate is hardened. Serve straight out of fridge. Keep remaining refrigerated as they melt at room temperature. Eat within 2 days since fresh strawberries are being used.