These tequila jello shots are the perfect party dessert this summer.
So technically there is no watermelon in these jello shots. It’s made up of tequila and strawberry flavored Jell-O, placed into lime shells. I love how cute they turned out though.
Because they are served in fresh lime shells, there’s even a hint of lime mixed in, which pairs perfectly with the tequila.
For the seeds, I used black sesame seeds. They are so small that you likely won’t even notice it in the Jell-O. Even if you manage to crunch on one, the flavor is quite neutral so it didn’t negatively affect the jello shots.
To easily hollow our your lime shells, make sure you slice lengthwise. This is a picture is from another post and I use the same method for other jello shot recipes like my Margarita Jello Shots.
I just love how these came out and will be serving them at a BBQ party soon.
Watermelon Tequila Jello Shots
- 1 (3-oz) package strawberry Jell-O mix
- 1 cup tequila
- 1 cup boiling water
- approx 10-15 lime shells depends on the size of your limes
- black sesame seeds (see note)
- Mix Jell-O in boiling water until dissolved. Stir in tequila.
- Slice limes lengthwise in half, in order to hollow shells. Make sure your cut is lengthwise, like in the photo in the post. Using a sharp knife, cut around the flesh (carving into the white part of the skin), and then use your fingers to pry out the flesh.
- Pour Jell-O into lime shells and refrigerate until set, about 4 hours. Place about 8 black sesame seeds on each jell-O shot before serving.
- The sesame seeds are just for decoration and you won't even notice them in the Jell-O. Even if you manage to crunch on one, the flavor is quite neutral so it didn't negatively affect the jello shots.
The nutrition information provided are only estimates based on an online nutritional calculator. I am not a certified nutritionist. Please consult a professional nutritionist or doctor for accurate information and any dietary restrictions and concerns you may have.