When I saw this recipe for pepperoni pizza puffs, I knew I had to make it for the BF. These puffs are so easy to make. Normally I’m too lazy to whip up much on the weekdays after a long day of work, but I was able to prepare these in just a few minutes and then pop them in the oven.

These pizza puffs taste just like mini pizza bites. The pepperoni bits adds a nice flavor. Next time I might put some more pepperoni pieces near the top of the batter to get a prettier puff.

The recipe calls for a marinara dipping sauce, but I decided to leave it out because I didn’t have any. The puffs taste great even without the sauce. BF loves these as I thought he would. Of course I had to make a big deal about how I had made this dish especially for him despite how tired I was, to rack up those extra brownie points. ;-)

Pepperoni Pizza puffs (recipe found on the family kitchen)

Ingredients

3/4 cup flour
3/4 teaspoon baking powder
3/4 cup milk
1 egg
1 1/4 cup shredded cheese (I used cheddar)
4 ounces chopped pepperoni

Directions

1. Grease a mini muffin pan with nonstick cooking spray.

2. In a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder, milk, egg, cheese, and pepperoni, stirring until completely mixed.  Spoon batter into the prepared mini-muffin cups about 2/3 full.

3. Bake in an oven preheated to 400 degrees for 15-17 minutes. Serve while warm.

12 Responses to “Pepperoni pizza puffs”

1. Rosa — January 5, 2011 at 8:30 am

Perfect quick dinner for the Husband! I gotta try these…

• Kirbie replied: — January 5th, 2011 @ 9:25 am

BF loved these! You should try. And it’s so easy to make.

2. Lauren at KeepItSweet — January 5, 2011 at 9:09 am

My husband would be thrilled if I served these with tomato sauce for dipping!

• Kirbie replied: — January 5th, 2011 @ 9:25 am

I didn’t have any tomato sauce but I think they would taste even more like pizza with the sauce.

3. Angeline — January 5, 2011 at 9:57 am

Haha, I’m definitely trying this out for Darwin tomorrow! I think I’ll add a bit more to it though, like bacon bits and mushrooms and then top it off with a little jalapeno. :D Thanks for the recipe Kirbie!

• Kirbie replied: — January 5th, 2011 @ 11:29 am

Your additions sound delicious! I was going for really quick and what was available in my fridge. But next time I think I’ll add some stuff too

4. Mary — January 5, 2011 at 10:05 am

I have a distinct feeling my BF would also really like these… they look like pizza muffins! Cute :)

• Kirbie replied: — January 5th, 2011 @ 11:30 am

Heehee, they did come out looking like little muffins. Part of it was because I put too much batter in each muffin tin, but I think they look better puffy than flat.

5. Katie — January 8, 2011 at 9:52 pm

This is SUCH a boyfriend food, I love it!! It’s like a grown-up Totino’s Pizza Rolls.

• Kirbie replied: — January 10th, 2011 @ 1:46 am

Haha! I never realized how popular these would be with everyone else. I hope your Boyfriend likes them!

6. Mel — March 17, 2013 at 10:36 pm

My boyfriend has tried these and is seriously addicted.

• Kirbie replied: — March 18th, 2013 @ 8:55 am

I love how simple they are to make!