These pizza chips are just 2 ingredients and so easy to make! They taste like pizza in bite-sized form. They work well as an appetizer, side dish or snack. They are also low carb and keto-friendly, but you don’t have to be on a keto diet to enjoy them.
These pizza chips are so fun and tasty. My whole family loved them, even those not following a keto diet. And they only take about 20 minutes to make!
- Mozzarella Cheese
Mozzarella Cheese: I chose to make these with shredded mozzarella cheese since that is usually what pizza is topped with. However, it will work with other shredded cheeses, though they may not taste as pizza-like. If you are using mozzarella cheese, make sure to use low moisture shredded mozzarella because regular mozzarella has too much moisture.
Pepperoni: I used mini pepperoni but regular pepperoni slices will work, you will just use one per chip instead of 3. If you don’t like pepperoni you can leave it out and instead sprinkle these with Italion seasoning, which will add flavor and make them taste like pizza chips.
Pizza Chips Texture
Even though I call these chips, they are not your typical crispy chip. You can make them crispy, but not with mozzarella. If you use mozzarella, then they will be chewy in texture. Normally I wouldn’t want my chips to be chewy, but the chewy cheese reminded me a lot of actual pizza, which is why I like how these turned out even though they aren’t crispy.
If you do want a crispy chip, make these with parmesan cheese instead. I share more details of the parmesan version in the notes section of the recipe card at the end of the post.
More Keto Chip Recipes
2 Ingredient Pizza Chips
- 2/3 cup (80 g) low moisture shredded mozzarella cheese
- 48 slices (21 g) mini pepperoni
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease the interior of a mini muffin pan. This recipe yields 16 chips so you only need to grease 16 cups.
- Add 2 tsp of mozzarella to each greased cup. Lightly pat down the mozzarella into the cups. Place 3 slices of mini pepperoni on each chip. If desired, sprinkle a little Italian seasoning on top of each chip. This is optional but does add more flavor.
- Bake chips for about 8 minutes or until edges are a dark golden brown. Let chips cool in muffin pan until they are cool enough to touch. Remove chips from pan. I like to place the chips on a plate lined with a paper towel to soak up some of the excess oil from the cheese and pepperoni. Serve pepperoni chips while warm. They can be eaten plain or served with marinara sauce.
- Mozzarella cheese can be replaced with other cheeses. See post for more details. If you are using mozzarella, make sure to use a low moisture shredded mozzarella cheese. I used Kirkland's low moisture part skim mozzarella cheese.
- If you make these chips with mozzarella, the texture will not be crunchy. See "Pizza Chips Texture" section of the post for more details. To make a crispy version, substitute with shredded Parmesan cheese and turn the oven up to 400F. Cook until chips are light brown (about 7-8 minutes). You may also want to bake them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper rather than in a mini muffin pan. They can be baked in a muffin pan but because the chips turn hard and crunchy, they also are very hard to remove from the muffin pan.
- You can use regular pepperoni instead of mini, just use one per chip instead of 3.
- I served these with Rao's marinara sauce which has no sugar added.
The nutrition information provided are only estimates based on an online nutritional calculator. I am not a certified nutritionist. Please consult a professional nutritionist or doctor for accurate information and any dietary restrictions and concerns you may have.