These biscuits are just two ingredients. They come out tender and moist and you won’t believe how easy they are.
I’ve got yet another super simple recipe to share with you today. I’ve already shared Bisquick cheese biscuits, 7-Up Biscuits and the 3 ingredient buttermilk biscuit recipe I created and absolutely love.
But I am always open to trying other easy versions. I follow King Arthur Flour on Instagram and for a few weeks they’ve been hinting at a biscuit recipe with self-rising flour they were testing out.
You Only Need Two Ingredients
I love King Arthur Flour recipes, so I knew this new biscuit recipe would be a good one and they didn’t disappoint.
All you need are self-rising flour and heavy cream. No need to add in cold butter, roll out the dough, or cut out biscuits. These easy biscuits were extremely fast to make.
The key is using self-rising flour which is a flour mixture that already has baking powder and salt included. Before I started baking seriously, I never had it in my pantry. Now I hate it when I run out because it’s so convenient.
- What I love best about this recipe is that you don’t have to spend a lot of time making the dough. You just mix it and knead it a few times before portioning it into individual biscuits. Not rolling or cutting is needed.
- The original recipe on King Arthur Flour makes biscuits that are very small – we’re talking bite-sized. When I made them, I opted to make them bigger.
- I also added a honey glaze to give them a glossy finish, but this optional. They are delicious plain, too.
- I baked mine on the upper oven shelf. The ones I baked on the bottom shelf did not bake up as well and I had to move them halfway through the baking time.
- You can serve these for breakfast, brunch, or as a side dish for dinner. I really like them with my baked fried chicken.
This is the perfect recipe when you are short on time but want something homemade and fresh-baked. I still love my 3-ingredient buttermilk biscuit recipe (which are more like traditional ones), but I would definitely make these two-ingredient ones again.
More Easy Baking Recipes
2 Ingredient Biscuits
- 1 1/2 cups self rising flour (see note)
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 3 tbsp honey optional
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Add flour and heavy cream to a bowl and stir until it comes together. Knead together a few times with your hands until all of the flour is incorporated.
- Break off 2 oz balls (the dough should be enough to make 6, and should be twice the size than the ones I have in my photo above). Place on baking sheet lined with parchment paper, spaced about 2 inches apart.
- Brush tops of biscuits with additional cream. Place biscuits in oven, on upper shelf (making sure the shelf is not too close to the top of the oven or your biscuits may brown too fast). Bake about 11-12 minutes until biscuits turn a golden brown and are fully cooked. While biscuits are cooling, you can warm honey and brush tops with honey before serving.
The nutrition information provided are only estimates based on an online nutritional calculator. I am not a certified nutritionist. Please consult a professional nutritionist or doctor for accurate information and any dietary restrictions and concerns you may have.