I saw these two ingredient Reese’s peanut butter cookies on Picky Palate and knew I had to try making them out. I honestly would never had thought to combine a bunch of reese’s peanut butter cups with an egg to create a cookie.

This would be a perfect cookie to make during Halloween if you have a lot of leftover peanut butter cups. The cookies have a chewy texture and taste a little chocolatey and a little peanut buttery.

These cookies are so easy to make. It literally is just peanut butter cups and an egg. The longest part of the process is probably unwrapping all those peanut butter cups. And the hardest part is parting with 24 perfectly good peanut butter cups. I have to confess, I took a few bites of a couple. I couldn’t resist. All you need are a bunch of Reese’s peanut butter cups, unwrap them, crush them, add an egg, and you have a cookie dough batter.

I wouldn’t make these cookies on a normal basis, but next time I have too many Reese’s, I’ll make them. Click here for the full recipe.

12 Responses to “Reese’s Peanut Butter Cookies”

1. Roxan — March 24, 2011 at 6:50 am

Swoon… I have been on a major major major peanut butter kick lately. I would so love to eat some of these!!

• Kirbie replied: — March 24th, 2011 @ 8:56 am

I’ve been on a peanut butter kick too! I have all these peanut butter cookie recipes I want to try out.

2. Carol — March 24, 2011 at 7:59 am

Too many Reese’s???? I’m going over to live with you! We fight over the Reese’s in our house. Especially around Easter when the Reese’s eggs are available.

• Kirbie replied: — March 24th, 2011 @ 8:55 am

Lol. Yes you can come over and eat all of mine! I used to love Reese’s. It was my favorite candy when I was younger. But now I seem to have stopped loving them as much. So we always have a bunch leftover after all the different holidays.

3. Faye — March 24, 2011 at 9:29 am

I use to love reese’s too! Have you tried the dark chocolate version – i wonder what the cookie would taste like w/ that dark chocolate?! But this recipe looks amazing – only 2 ingredients??!! It looks so much more complicated than that!! This will be a great one to make for friends and pretend that it was more work than it really was :)

I clicked on your link and smiled b/c over the weekend my cousins and i were brain storming of blog/website names I can use and my favorite one was Picky Palate!! So I thought it was funny (or telling?) that your link owns that name :)

• Kirbie replied: — March 24th, 2011 @ 9:49 am

I didn’t know there was a dark chocolate version! I’m going to have to look for it. Oh, picky palate must be popular! This picky palate blogger had to get a hyphen for her website name because the full name was already taken. Yeah the recipe is so easy. It does require quit a few peanut butter cups (24), but if you can part with that many, it’s a fun recipe to try.

4. Sandy — March 24, 2011 at 3:23 pm

This has to be the world’s simplest cookie recipe! I think the longest task would be washing the food processor.

Now I’m wondering how it would taste with dark chocolate Reeses (I knew there were dark chocolate Kit Kats, but not Reeses). My problem is that not many of the dark chocolate Reeses would make it into the food processor bowl … guess I’ll have to buy extra Reeses!

• Kirbie replied: — March 24th, 2011 @ 3:32 pm

I actually had a hard time throwing so many Reese’s into this recipe. I kept wanting to eat them. And I actually closed my eyes when I turned on my food processor. lol. I was so sad about crushing them all! I’ve got to search for these dark chocolate reese’s. Love dark chocolate! I always get the dark chocolate kit kats.

5. caninecologne — March 24, 2011 at 4:03 pm

simple recipe! i love it already! my husband is a big pb fan so this would be perfect for him! plus, i’m a lazy baker too so yeah…

• Kirbie replied: — March 25th, 2011 @ 7:11 am

Haha. Then this one might be good for you! I am planning on trying out some other promising peanut butter cookie recipes next week.

6. Ann — January 18, 2013 at 3:39 am

if i use the regular reeses cups, would you know how many i’m supposed to use?

• Kirbie replied: — January 18th, 2013 @ 9:04 am

I’m not sure what size you mean for the regular reese’s. I thought the large ones were the regular ones and then the small ones are called mini. Anyway, I’ve only made it according to Picky Palate’s recipe, so I don’t know any other measurements. I would imagine if you have something smaller or bigger you can weight out the same amount as the amount of reese’s she used. Sorry I can’t be of more help.