Another pumpkin recipe I made this weekend were these mini pumpkin donuts using my mini donut pan. I tried making mini pumpkin doughnuts last year but found the recipe I used slightly too dense and wet. So I played around with my favorite mini donut recipe, and tried to incorporate pumpkin into the batter.
These tasted quite yummy though the pumpkin taste is a little faint. I was afraid to add too much pumpkin puree to the batter though. I loved how orange they came out, which contrasts well with the chocolate ganache frosting.
These little morsels were pretty irresistible. I couldn’t stop eating them!
I think these would make a good Halloween treat too.
Mini pumpkin doughnuts with chocolate ganache
Prep Time: 12 mins
Cook Time: 10 mins
Total Time: 22 mins
3/4 cup sugar
1 large egg
1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
2 tsp baking power
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1/2 cup fat free milk
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup pumpkin puree
For the chocolate ganache:
4 oz bittersweet chocolate, chopped
1/2 cup heavy cream
1. Preheat oven to 350F. Grease mini donut pans with pam spray.
2. In a large bowl, whisk together sugar and egg until combined. Add in flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg. Mix until combined.
3. Then mix in pumpkin puree, vegetable oil, milk and vanilla extract.
4. Spoon in batter to donut pan about 3/4 full. Or place batter in piping bag and pipe into the donut pan.
5. Bake for 10-12 minutes until toothpick inserted comes out clean. Let donuts cool before coating with chocolate ganache.
6. While donuts are cooling make the ganache. Heat heavy cream in a small pot. Once it begins to boil, remove from the stove. Pour heavy cream into bowl of chopped chocolate. Stir and mix until chocolate is completely melted.
7. Let ganache cool for a few minutes before dipping the tops of the donuts in chocolate ganache
Adapted from Stylish Cuisine