Another pumpkin recipe I made this weekend were these mini pumpkin donuts using my mini donut pan*. I tried making mini pumpkin doughnuts last year but found the recipe I used slightly too dense and wet. So I played around with my favorite mini donut recipe, and tried to incorporate pumpkin into the batter.
These tasted quite yummy though the pumpkin taste is a little faint. I was afraid to add too much pumpkin puree to the batter though. I loved how orange they came out, which contrasts well with the chocolate ganache frosting.
These little morsels were pretty irresistible. I couldn’t stop eating them!
I think these would make a good Halloween treat too.
*Some of the links contained in this post are affiliate links. Much like referral codes, this means I earn a small commission if you purchase a product I referred (at no extra charge to you).
Mini Pumpkin Doughnuts with Chocolate Ganache
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking power
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup fat free milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
For the Chocolate Ganache
- 4 oz bittersweet chocolate chopped
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease mini donut pans with pam spray.
- In a large bowl, whisk together sugar and egg until combined. Add in flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg. Mix until combined. Mix in pumpkin puree, vegetable oil, milk and vanilla extract.
- Spoon in batter to donut pan about 3/4 full. Or place batter in piping bag and pipe into the donut pan. Bake for 10-12 minutes until toothpick inserted comes out clean. Let donuts cool before coating with chocolate ganache.
- While donuts are cooling make the ganache. Heat heavy cream in a small pot. Once it begins to boil, remove from the stove. Pour heavy cream into bowl of chopped chocolate. Stir and mix until chocolate is completely melted.
- Let ganache cool for a few minutes before dipping the tops of the donuts in chocolate ganache
The nutrition information provided are only estimates based on an online nutritional calculator. I am not a certified nutritionist. Please consult a professional nutritionist or doctor for accurate information and any dietary restrictions and concerns you may have.