A few weeks ago I came across a super easy made-from-scratch donut recipe. It claimed to take only fifteen minutes and doesn’t require yeast or resting time. I love donuts but they can be so time consuming to make. It’s usually easier to go out and buy one. But this recipe seemed so simple I had to try it.

And it really is that easy. These came out light and fluffy like just fried donut holes should taste.

I was watching a dvd with the family and didn’t want to disturb them with my mixer. This recipe just requires you to mix the dough quickly by hand in a bowl. It took only a few minutes to prepare and then the donuts were ready to be fried.

The batter itself is very very sticky. Therefore this recipe works best for donut holes rather than rolling out the dough and cutting out doughnut shapes.

These were delicious with a simple sugar coating. It reminded me of Pillsbury dough donuts except better tasting because there is none of the salt or biscuit taste.

I would definitely make this again when I’m in need of quick fix for donuts. You can view the full recipe on Cooking Classy.

If you’re looking for a traditional yeast rising doughnut recipe, my favorite one I’ve come across can be found here.

12 Responses to “Easy Donuts”

1. Jaclyn — March 26, 2012 at 11:51 am

Kirbie – thank you so much for the re-post and referral to my site! I love your blog and I’m so glad you enjoyed!

• Kirbie replied: — March 26th, 2012 @ 12:48 pm

Thanks for sharing such an easy recipe! I loved it.

2. Iris — March 26, 2012 at 1:35 pm

Another easy, fast recipe for me to bookmark and try later. >:D

• Kirbie replied: — March 26th, 2012 @ 1:53 pm

Yes, definitely try it!

3. what katie's baking — March 26, 2012 at 7:16 pm

beautiful and delicious donuts in 15 minutes?! yes please!!

• Kirbie replied: — March 26th, 2012 @ 11:03 pm

That’s exactly how I felt too!

4. Directioner — May 12, 2012 at 5:33 pm

What a delicious recipe ! :) but may the batter for me is to sticky and hard to handle and roll into a ball. so can i refrigerate the batter so that it would be easier to handle?

• Kirbie replied: — May 12th, 2012 @ 9:14 pm

I haven’t tried so I don’t know for sure, but it seemed like it should be okay.

5. Charity — August 12, 2012 at 6:48 pm

I made these tonight. Yum. I discovered by if your hands are just a little wet the balls roll nicely without sticking. (Found this out by accident after washing dough off my hands, lol)

• Kirbie replied: — August 13th, 2012 @ 8:51 am

Haha, I use that trick a lot for sticky cookie dough. Nice to know it works on doughnut dough too

6. Teresa — June 29, 2013 at 8:20 am

We made these yesterday, and you are right, they are super quick and easy. I didn’t have buttermilk, so I used 1/2 cup of 2%. The donuts were delicious. The dough was sticky, so instead of rolling them, I dropped them by tablespoons into the oil. The kids loved them. I set out bowl of various toppings (granulated sugar, cinnamon and sugar, and powered sugar)and the kids had a ball choosing their own. WSe are making them again today with a few variations. Thank you for the recipe!

• Kirbie replied: — June 30th, 2013 @ 9:03 am

Yes this recipe is not meant for rolling because it’s so sticky. But glad you like them.