- 2 cups vegetable oil for frying
- granulated sugar and cinnamon for coating
- 1 ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ cup milk
- ¼ cup buttermilk
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 3 tbsp melted butter
- In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium heat to 350°F. In a shallow bowl, combine some sugar and cinnamon together. Set this aside until you are ready to roll the donuts in it.
- In a small bowl, whisk the flour baking powder and salt. In a medium-sized bowl, whisk the milk, buttermilk, sugar and melted butter. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ones and stir with a fork just until the dough comes together. The dough will be very sticky.
- Scoop approximately a ½ tablespoon of dough and gently roll it between your hands to form a ball. Be careful not to overwork the dough.
- Place the dough ball in the hot oil and fry it until it is golden brown on all sides. Transfer it to a plate lined with a paper towel to drain the excess oil. Roll the donut in the cinnamon sugar mixture. Repeat this process with the rest of the dough. You can fry multiple donuts at once just be sure to not overcrowd the pan otherwise the oil will lose its heat.
Recipe source: Cooking Classy