What’s better than chocolate and strawberries? How about Nutella and strawberries.

I’ve always thought that strawberries and Nutella make a great combination. So the other day I thought, why not just stuff some Nutella into strawberries? Strawberries have been on sale lately. Must be a sign.

While it’s easy to stuff the berries with Nutella, it was harder to pipe them and make them look pretty because of the Nutella’s texture. If I were to do it again for guests, I might do a Nutella whipped cream instead.

But as far as taste goes..these were delicious. Better than chocolate covered strawberries. FH is only allowed a few strawberries a day because he gets an allergic reaction if he eats too many. Usually he can control himself, but he kept sneaking these when I wasn’t looking.

Print Print Save Save

Nutella stuffed Strawberries

12-14 Strawberries
3/4 cup Nutella for stuffing

1. Place Nutella into piping bag and refrigerate about 30 mins so it becomes firmer for piping.
2. Slice off a tiny bit of top end of strawberry (where attached to green) so that the strawberry can stand on a flat surface. Then make a deep knife cut on tip of strawberry. You want to make two cuts for each strawberry in the shape of an “X” or a cross. You want to cut about 3/4 of the way down, but not all the way. Use your finger to help separate the petal of the strawberries so that they open up enough for stuffing.
3. Remove Nutella from fridge and pipe into each of the strawberries. (As I stated in my post, it is hard to pipe it pretty. If you want a prettier presentation, I think it's better to do a Nutella whipped cream mixture.)

8 Responses to “Nutella Stuffed Strawberries”

1. Sumayya (@PukkaPaki) — April 2, 2012 at 1:44 pm

how perfect is this x

2. Iris — April 2, 2012 at 2:47 pm

Hahaha, this is a great way to get kids to eat their required servings of fruit. :p

3. Oceanside Chiropractor — April 2, 2012 at 6:16 pm

You get the right combination of that! The strawberries looks beautiful when you put a nutella. I will also try this one. Glad you share it to us. :-) Can we preserve that?

4. caninecologne — April 3, 2012 at 12:52 pm

the piping looks quite pretty! what a great combination of flavors! this would look great for a buffet dessert platter…

• Kirbie replied: — April 4th, 2012 @ 8:32 am

I managed to get the piping out but it was hard. I think I ended up with as much Nutella on my hands as I did in the strawberries

5. Ann P. — April 29, 2012 at 9:32 pm

HEY!! :D This is the first post I am reading from your blog since I’ve been back to the states, and consequently nutella with strawberries was one of the first things i ate when i got back to the states, too! You made these look beautiful–guests would certainly love them!

• Kirbie replied: — April 29th, 2012 @ 10:36 pm

Welcome back!!

6. A girl from Washington — May 27, 2012 at 11:44 am

its sooo good i tired it!!! i am for sure using this website:D