I came across a recipe for a condensed milk pound cake that caught my attention. I’ve always liked the flavor of condensed milk.

Condensed milk makes a lot of stuff taste better. Condensed milk on toast, condensed milk drizzled on top of shaved ice, condensed milk in tapioca milk tea.

This was really easy to put together. It came out quite moist, and had the subtle taste of condensed milk. I do wish that the crust layer was a little thinner. I tried to take it out of the oven sooner, but the inside was not yet cooked.

It’s not one of my favorite recipes, but it was pretty good and I enjoyed trying it. You can view the full recipe here.

11 Responses to “Condensed Milk Pound Cake”

1. Connie — September 26, 2012 at 7:50 am

That looks good! I’ve tried a few pound cake recipes, and I can’t seem to get it right. But maybe because I keep comparing them all to Entenmann’s…

2. Connie — September 26, 2012 at 8:30 am

Thanks, I think I shall this weekend :-)

3. Lorrie — September 26, 2012 at 8:54 am

Maybe tent it loosely with foil the last half of baking might help? It sound good.

• Kirbie replied: — September 26th, 2012 @ 9:16 am

I was thinking that too. I’ll try that if I make this one again. Though looking at the original recipe, it seemed like she had a really dark crust too

4. caninecologne — September 27, 2012 at 7:45 am

i’ll try making this pound cake this weekend. i have several cans of condensed milk lying around (we get it for bert’s coffee whenever he likes to have it VN style).

• Kirbie replied: — September 27th, 2012 @ 8:20 am

Ooh, I’ve never tried making my own VN style coffee but that’s a really good idea. We get it a lot when we go to restaurants.

5. caninecologne — September 27, 2012 at 3:01 pm

hello kirbie – it’s me again – you can buy the metal filters at Thuan Phat (for sure)or Ranch 99 (I think). we’ve used this vietnamese espresso (trung nguyen – you can find this at ranch 99), but in a pinch, will use cafe bustelo or the one in the yellow/orange can (forgot the name). Or instead of using the metal filters, just brew the espesso in your coffee maker. faster and easier. but it’s so much fun to put in the ground coffee, pour the boiling water and watching it drip!

• Kirbie replied: — September 27th, 2012 @ 3:31 pm

Thanks for the advice. I will look for the espresso and the filters on my next shopping trip!

6. Edith M. — May 29, 2013 at 3:54 pm

Im from Puerto Rico and i love to bake. I found this recipe and it came wonderful. my husband have a sweet tooth and love it. I will definitely try it again, but this time with a twist of puertorican Coquito.

• Kirbie replied: — May 29th, 2013 @ 10:44 pm

I’m glad you like the recipe!