I was craving pancakes the other day. My favorite pancakes are these sour cream pancakes. The sour cream helps get them so fluffy. But in sticking with trying to lighten things up, I decided to try to make a low fat version of the sour cream pancakes.
The solution was replacing the sour cream with nonfat Greek strained yogurt. I love using Greek strained yogurt in recipes to reduce fat and calories and make the recipes healthier. It doesn’t always work, but it worked fine in these pancakes.
I love how fluffy these came out, just like the sour cream version.They do taste slighter less rich than the original version, but they are still really good and satisfied my pancake cravings.
Healthier Fluffy Pancakes
1 1/2 cups flour
3 tbsp sugar
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
1/2 cup plain nonfat Greek strained yogurt
3/4 cup + 1 tbsp milk
2 large eggs
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
1. Whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in a bowl.
2. In another bowl combine yogurt, milk, eggs, vanilla extract.
3. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ones and mix only until combined.
4. Preheat pan/skillet to medium heat. Spray with PAM.
5. Pour the pancake batter into the heated skillet, to desired size. Once pancakes begin to bubble, flip the pancakes over and cook for another minute on other side. Repeat with remaining batter. Serve immediately.