No Bake Strawberry Nutella Tiramisu Cake
A few months ago, I made a no bake strawberry tiramisu cake. It was so easy and quite tasty. Ever since, I’ve been wanting to make another variation, adding in some Nutella spread. Nutella and strawberries go so well together. Also I’ve seen many tiramisu cakes that use ground hazelnuts.
So with a little spare time this weekend, I set about layering my Strawberry Nutella Tiramisu while watching rewatching old tv series on Netflix.
This came out pretty good. I did think that the top layer of Nutella was overkill and made it too sweet. Next time I’ll just keep it to one layer of Nutella. I’ve already made the adjustments in the recipe below.
This no bake dessert is perfect for summer.
Strawberry Nutella Tiramisu
1 pint fresh strawberries
about 18 lady fingers
8 oz mascarpone cheese
1 cup heavy whipping cream
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup Nutella
1 cup strong/bold coffee brew (I used Italian roast since it is an Italian dessert)
3 tbsp dark rum
1/4 cup ground hazelnuts (optional)
1. Line a 9 x 5 loaf pan with parchment paper. Make sure you use a big enough piece so that you will be able to pull the entire cake out later using the parchment paper.
2. Line 9 lady fingers side by side into the bottom of the pan. Brew one cup of coffee and mix in rum. Using a pastry brush, brush each lady finger with the rum mixture, making sure to coat the entire surface of the ladyfingers and that the ladyfingers are soaked all the way through. Any portion left untouched won't soften.
3. On high speed with a stand mixer, blend cheese, cream, and sugar until peaks form.
4. Using a spatula, spread half of the cheese mixture onto lady fingers. Spread evenly across. Heat Nutella in microwave for about 20 seconds. Spread on top of cheese layer. Sprinkle ground hazelnuts on top of Nutella layer. Slice 5 large strawberries, 4 thin slices per strawberry, and lay out pieces on top of the Nutella/hazelnut layer.
5. Add a second layer of lady fingers on top, laying them side by side. Repeat with brushing the lady fingers with coffee and rum.
6. Add the final layer of cheese across surface of lady fingers. Then add more slices of strawberries or whole strawberries. Place in fridge to set for about 1 hour or longer. Leave in fridge until ready for serving. When ready to eat, remove entire cake by grabbing ends of parchment paper. Slice cake so that you slice into the middle of the lady finger sections rather than leaving them whole, so that it looks like cake.
All images and content are © Kirbie's Cravings.
Did you make this recipe?
Share it on instagram with the hashtag #kirbiecravings!