No bake cheesecakes are one of my favorite summer desserts. This rich and creamy no bake peanut butter cheesecake has a chocolate cookie crust and peanut butter cups mixed into the filling. Make it in advance for an easy summertime treat.
I’ve had a lot of fun this summer with my no bake desserts like my Strawberry Tiramisu with Nutella, Avocado Pie, and easy Nutella Mousse. I especially like making no bake cheesecakes like my No Bake Oreo Cheesecake. Is there anything better than a cold and creamy cheesecake when it’s warm outside?
I had some mini peanut butter cups lying around and so I was inspired to create a no bake peanut butter cheesecake. Cream cheese, creamy peanut butter and peanut butter cups with a chocolate cookie crust sounded like a perfect match to me.
How to Make the Crust
The crust for this no bake cheesecake is so simple – you only need two ingredients:
- Melted Butter
Place the cookies in a food processor and chop them up into fine crumbs. Add the melted butter and process until well combined.
You will want to line a 7 or 8-inch springform pan with parchment paper. Using a springform pan will make it a lot easier to slice and serve the cheesecake.
Press the cookie and butter mixture into the bottom of the pan. Be sure to press it into an even layer. The crust should completely cover the bottom of the pan.
How to Make the Cheesecake Filling
I love the combination of chocolate and peanut butter so for this cheesecake filling, I wanted to mix in chopped peanut butter cups. The filling is made with creamy peanut butter and is so rich and creamy. Here’s what you need:
- Heavy whipping cream
- Cream cheese
- Brown sugar
- Granulated sugar
- Smooth peanut butter
- Chopped peanut butter cups
First, whip the cream until stiff peaks form.
In a separate bowl, combine the rest of the ingredients until smooth. Mix in the whipped cream.
Pour the cheesecake filling into the pan on top of the cookie crust. I like to tap the bottom of the pan on a hard surface to help level the cheesecake filling
Cover the cheesecake with plastic wrap and chill it for at least 6 hours. This will give it time to set before you serve it.
When you’re ready to serve the cheesecake, you can decorate it with more chocolate peanut butter cups. I also drizzled mine with some chocolate ganache.
Tips for Serving No Bake Cheesecake
- Keep the cheesecake in the refrigerator until you’re ready to serve it. This cheesecake holds up quite well at room temperature, but if it sits out too long it will melt and lose its form.
- Store leftover pieces in the refrigerator. No bake cheesecake will keep in the refrigerator for up to five days. Just make sure it is tightly wrapped.
- You can also store your no bake cheesecake in the freezer for up to one month, but be sure to tightly wrap it. To serve from frozen pull it out of the freezer the night before you want to serve it and keep it in the refrigerator.
If you are looking for more summer dessert recipes be sure to check out my round-up of No Bake Dessert Recipes!
No Bake Peanut Butter Cheesecake
For the crust
- 13 oreos
- 4 tbsp melted butter
For the cheesecake
- 1 1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup smooth peanut butter
- 1 cup chopped mini peanut butter cups
- Line the bottom and sides of a 7 or 8-inch springform pan with parchment paper. This will make it easier to remove the cheesecake after it is done. Crush the 13 Oreos in a food processor until they become fine crumbs. Add in melted butter and mix again through food processor. Pour into cake pan and press down firmly so that the crust evenly lines the bottom of the cake pan.
- Whip heavy cream on high speed until stiff peaks form. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, combine cream cheese, sugars, peanut butter and beat until smooth. Add in heavy cream and mix until combined. Stir in chopped peanut butter cups. Pour into prepared Oreo crust. Tap bottom of pan against a hard surface gently to level the cheesecake mixture. Refrigerate for about 6 hours or overnight to allow to set. You can decorate with additional peanut butter cups and ganache before serving. Keep uneaten portions in fridge.
The nutrition information provided are only estimates based on an online nutritional calculator. I am not a certified nutritionist. Please consult a professional nutritionist or doctor for accurate information and any dietary restrictions and concerns you may have.