These creamy ice pops have chocolate cookie crumbles and Oreo cream scattered throughout.

With summer officially here, I couldn’t wait to break out my ice pop molds.

I love making ice pops. They are so easy and versatile.

What I had forgotten though, is how hard it is to photograph ice pops before they become a melty mess! Especially when it’s hot outside. Such was the case with these ice pops.

Taste-wise, these were great. Last year I made cookies and cream flavored ice pops but they were a tad too icy for my liking. I really wanted something that was so creamy, it’s practically ice cream. So I added a little yogurt to these. You can taste the slight tang from the yogurt, but it gives these ice pops such a creamy texture. I really liked how these turned out.

If you’re looking for a classic ice pop molds, I purchased the Norpro set two years ago and love them. Though they’ve since changed the colors (mine was silver), I’m assuming they still work great. I also bought these extra popsicle sticks which fit in the molds perfectly.

For other ice pop recipes, check out my entire collection here.

Print Print Recipe

Cookies and Cream Ice Pops

Yield: 5

Prep Time: 10 minutes

1 cups heavy cream

1/2 cup nonfat vanilla greek yogurt (you can also use plain but you will need to add more sugar)

4 -5 tbsp powdered sugar

4 Oreos, crushed

1. Blend heavy cream, yogurt, and sugar in blender until smooth. Careful not to mix on too high of speed or for too long because you don't want to whip too much air into the cream. Stir in the crushed Oreos.

2. Pour batter into ice pop molds. Bang bottom of molds against hard surface to settle ice pop batter and prevent air pockets. Freeze overnight. When ready to eat, thaw according to manufacturer's instructions (usually it's running under warm water for a few minutes before pulling on the ice pop stick to remove).

8 Responses to “Cookies and Cream Ice Pops”

1. Matt Robinson — June 23, 2014 at 7:48 am

I need like 4 of these, now. They look incredible!!

• Kirbie replied: — June 23rd, 2014 @ 10:40 am

with this hot weather i ate almost four in one sitting. ha! Was definitely inspired by all your ice pops

2. dina — June 23, 2014 at 2:26 pm

they look delicious!

• Kirbie replied: — June 24th, 2014 @ 12:50 am

thanks!

3. Sarah @ SnixyKitchen — June 24, 2014 at 9:51 am

Haha – I had the same problem photographing ice cream this weekend – I’d get two shots before it looked like chocolate soup!

These look so refreshing. Thanks so much for the pop-mold link! I’ve been wanting to buy molds, but every time I go to amazon to pick one up I get overwhelmed by the choices. (I know, I have a decision-making problem).

• Kirbie replied: — June 24th, 2014 @ 10:58 am

The one trick I learned with ice cream is to freeze the bowls you will be photoing them in for about an hour or so. It does give you a little more time to photo before the ice cream becomes soup!
      I really like the norpro molds, though I wish they didn’t change the color! Mine are clear with a silver top making look much more classic, but they’ve since changed the color, not sure why.

4. Ming — July 1, 2014 at 7:47 am

Thanks for sharing this!  Definitely going to add this on my summer menu!

• Kirbie replied: — July 1st, 2014 @ 11:43 pm