These coconut cookies come out soft and chewy and only need 2 ingredients. There is no added sugar, flour, butter, or eggs in this recipe. The dough takes only a few minutes to prepare. These cookies make an easy sweet snack.
I like to snack on one or two of these in the afternoon when I’m craving something sweet. These cookies don’t have sugar added, but they are naturally sweetened with the fruit used to make the cookies.
- Finely Shredded Unsweetened Coconut
Finely shredded unsweetened coconut
The coconut acts as the flour for these cookies, which is why it needs to be finely shredded. It also provides a chewy texture for the cookies and adds some sweetness to the cookies. Do not substitute shredded coconut with coconut flour. They are not the same thing and coconut flour will not work as a substitute.
You’ll want to use a very ripe or overripe small banana, which is then pureed to a liquid consistency. The pureed banana provides the sweetness for the cookies and acts as a binding agent. It also give the cookies their soft texture. Banana can be substituted with some other fruit purees, like applesauce, but I found that bananas provide the best texture and most sweetness.
The cookies have a soft texture. And while the cookies themselves are not chewy, the shredded coconut adds a chewy sensation to the cookies.
More Easy Healthy Cookie Recipes
- 2 Ingredient Banana Oatmeal Cookies
- 2 Ingredient Banana Bread Cookies
- 2 Ingredient Peanut Butter Cookies
2 Ingredient Coconut Cookies
- 1 small banana 102 grams without peel
- 3/4 cup (52 grams) finely shredded coconut unsweetened
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a large baking sheet with silicone baking mat or parchment paper.
- In a food processor or blender, puree banana until it becomes a smooth liquid. Add in coconut and pulse just a few times to evenly mix the two ingredients. Be careful to not overmix. The coconut should still be in shreds, but just smaller. Your mixture should be thick.
- Scoop 1 tbsp of dough and place onto cookie sheet. Repeat with remaining dough, spacing two inches apart. Use the back of a spoon to flatten each cookie into a circle that is 1/4 inch thick.
- Bake cookies about 17-20 minutes or until edges turn brown and surface is no longer wet. Let cookies cool completely on baking sheet before removing. The bottom of the cookies do stick a little, so make sure to use a cookie spatula to remove cookies from sheet.
- If you have questions regarding the ingredients or potential substitutions, please read the "Ingredients" section of the post where I discuss the ingredients and potential substitutions in detail.
- Recipe measurements are in US cups.
- I used Let's Do Organic shredded unsweetened coconut*
- Make sure to use a good cookie spatula with a very thin edge to remove the cookies because the bottom of the cookies do stick a little.
- Cookies can be stored in the fridge or freezer.
- This recipe makes a small amount of cookies so feel free to double or triple the recipe, if needed.
- *This product link is an affiliate link. This means I earn a small commission from qualifying purchases (at no extra charge to you).
The nutrition information provided are only estimates based on an online nutritional calculator. I am not a certified nutritionist. Please consult a professional nutritionist or doctor for accurate information and any dietary restrictions and concerns you may have.