1. How adorable are these reversible Hello Kitty plush dolls?
As if it’s not cute enough that there is a Hello Kitty Hamburger and a Hello Kitty stamped turkey, they actually turn into regular Hello Kitty dolls too. I got them during Cyber Monday after Jinxi shared an article on Serious Eats highlighting them. I had been so good all day about not doing any shopping until I read the article. You can get them shipped to you from JapanLA by emailing them directly. (Side note: the store itself looks incredibly cute. I must go next time I’m in LA.) Or you can look for them at your local Hello Kitty store. I found both available at the Hello Kitty store inside the Ranch 99 plaza in San Diego. I can’t wait until next Thanksgiving to break out the Hello Kitty turkey.
2. If you’re looking for a good walking shoe, I highly recommend Easy Spirit Women’s Romy Walking Shoe. It’s inexpensive, comfortable and provides great support. I used to get painful shins, aching ankles or blisters after excessive walking especially on vacations. I bought these for my trip to Europe and they were ready to go as soon as I put them on. I didn’t need to break into them at all. And they provided the best support. I walked miles and miles a day as a tourist and my feet, ankles, and shins would feel fine the next day. This is the most happy I’ve ever felt about a walking shoe.
3. I recently tasted cooked silkworms. I’m a pretty adventurous eater, but the sight of them made me squirm. I would never had been brave enough to try it, if the host hadn’t shared it directly with me into my plate. My manners surpassed my fear. It actually tasted like dried shrimp, so I’m glad for the experience.
4. I attended this make-up class where I learned all the things I was doing wrong and got recommendations for a ton of products. One of the ones I am most happy with purchasing was this All Nighter makeup spray by Urban Decay. I usually wear very light makeup and between the light coverage and the sheen that usually develops on my face from my makeup, most of my makeup is gone by lunch. Since using this spray, my make-up actually lasts through an entire work day and I don’t get nearly as shiny either.
5. I’m dreading work tomorrow. Last day of work before Christmas for me and half my office is gone. I’ll be lucky if I get anything accomplished other than finishing off the red velvet bundt cake in the fridge.