Sheet Pan Cauliflower Fajitas
A healthier version of fajitas using cauliflower. Everything cooks on one sheet pan for an easy meal.
Last year I shared with you my Sheet Pan Steak Fajitas. It’s been a staple dinner in my house that I cook about once a month. With the start of the new year, I decided to make a healthier version with cauliflower.
You still have the same great flavors and spices and I didn’t miss the meat at all. Roasted cauliflower is already delicious. Roasted cauliflower with fajita spices is even better!
- You can serve your cauliflower fajitas with flour or corn tortillas. If you want to make your meal low carb, gluten free, paleo or keto friendly, you can also make your own cauliflower tortillas to eat with the fajitas.
- I cooked all the vegetables until they were tender but still a little crispy. If you desire a more roasted and caramelized cauliflower flavor, you will need to roast the cauliflower longer than the rest of your vegetables. To do so, I would recommend slicing the cauliflower into thin, 1/2 inch floret slices. Mix half of the oil and seasoning with the cauliflower in one bowl and the other half of the oil and seasoning with the other vegetables in a separate bowl. You would then cook the cauliflower first, for about 15-20 minutes, and then add the remaining vegetables and cook until the rest of the vegetables are finished. Your cauliflower will become quite soft during this roasting process but it does bring out a delicious flavor to them.
- For even easier clean-up, you can line your sheet pan with heavy aluminum foil. You would grease the surface of the foil the same way you would grease your sheet pan.
Sheet Pan Cauliflower Fajitas
- 1 small head of cauliflower, cut into bite-sized florets
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 small yellow onion, sliced into 1/4 inch strips
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced into 1/4 inch strips
- 1 orange bell pepper, sliced into 1/4 inch strips
- 1 yellow bell pepper, sliced into 1/4 inch strips
- 1 green bell pepper, sliced into 1/4 inch strips
- lime wedges and chopped fresh cilantro for topping onto fajitas
- flour or corn tortillas to serve with fajitas
- Preheat oven to 400°F. In a small bowl, combine chili powder, cumin, garlic powder, paprika, salt, pepper. Whisk until evenly mixed.
- In a large bowl, add cauliflower, onions, bell peppers. Drizzle with olive oil. Sprinkle with minced garlic. Mix everything until everything is evenly coated in oil and garlic. Sprinkle seasoning mix over everything. Mix again until all vegetables are evenly coated.
- Grease a 21 inch by 15 inch sheet pan with cooking oil spray. You can also line the sheet pan with foil first and then grease the surface. The latter will make clean-up easier. Lay all the vegetables onto the sheet pan, trying your best to keep it to a single layer with minimal overlap.
- Cook for about 18-20 minutes or until all the vegetables are cooked. When there is about 5 minutes left before food is done, cover tortillas in aluminum foil and place on top of baking pan to warm up the tortillas. You can also warm up the tortillas under an open flame, like a gas stove.
- When fajitas are done, squeeze some lime juice over fajitas. Serve with additional lime wedges, fresh cilantro and any other toppings you desire.
All images and content are © Kirbie's Cravings.
Did you make this recipe?
Share it on instagram with the hashtag #kirbiecravings!