These easy no bake apple brownies are very rich and fudgy. They are just 3 ingredients. They don’t need any wheat flour, eggs, or butter. The brownies take only about five minutes to prepare and store well.
These brownies are one of my favorite no bake recipes to make. They are very rich and will definitely satisfy a craving for chocolate. I also love that the brownies are wheat free and can be made dairy free.
- Semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Oat flour
Semi-sweet chocolate chips: You can use regular semi-sweet chocolate chips or dairy free semi-sweet chocolate chips to make these brownies. You do need to use semi-sweet chocolate chips though. If you try these brownies with milk chocolate or white chocolate, the brownies will not set because of the lower amount of cocoa.
Applesauce: I used unsweetened applesauce. The applesauce will give these brownies a slight apple flavor, but the brownies will mostly taste of chocolate. Applesauce is used mainly to give these brownies a very fudgy brownie texture. Applesauce can be substituted with pureed bananas.
Oat flour: Oat flour is oats ground up until they resemble a flour consistency. You can use store bought oat flour or you can easily make your own by processing rolled oats in a blender or food processor until they become the consistency of a fine flour. Oat flour is used to help provide structure and stability for these brownies. Without the oat flour, the brownies will not hold their shape.
How to Make No Bake Apple Brownies
The chocolate chips and applesauce are first heated in the microwave (or on the stove) until the chocolate is fully melted and you have a smooth batter. The oat flour is then stirred in. The batter is then ready to be poured into a prepared pan and placed into the fridge until set. If desired, you can also make a chocolate frosting for the brownies.
The brownies will feel firm and solid on the outside but when you bite in, the brownies are actually very fudgy. To me, they taste like fudgy brownies that were intentionally underbaked for that ultimate fudgy texture.
More No Bake Brownie Recipes
- 2 Ingredient No Bake Peanut Butter Brownies
- 3 Ingredient No Bake Lemon Brownies
- 3 Ingredient Healthy No Bake Brownies
3 Ingredient No Bake Apple Brownies
- 1 cup (164 g) semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 4 oz (113 g) unsweetened applesauce see note
- 2 tbsp (16 g) oat flour see note
- Line an 8 x 4 inch baking loaf pan with parchment paper. Add chocolate chips and applesauce to a large microwave-safe bowl. Heat in 15-30 second intervals, stirring in between with a spatula, until chocolate is completely melted and smooth. Once chocolate is fully melted, switch to a whisk to fully incorporate the applesauce until you have a uniform batter. You can also melt the chocolate and applesauce on the stove using the double boiler method.
- Stir in oat flour with the whisk and mix until oat flour is evenly incorporated.
- Pour mixture into prepared baking pan. Place into fridge for 30-60 minutes or until set. If adding frosting, wait until brownies are set and add the frosting right before serving. Remove and cut into squares with a sharp knife. Store any uneaten brownies in the fridge.
- I used one (4 oz) individual applesauce cup. 4 oz refers to weight and not volume. 4 oz of applesauce is approximately 1/3 cup + 1 tbsp + 1 tsp of applesauce (US measurements).
- To properly measure the oat flour, first stir up the oat flour with your measuring spoon. Once it is light and no longer packed down, then measure out each tablespoon (leveling off the top with a knife or straight edge).
- This recipe works with both regular semi sweet chocolate chips and dairy free semi sweet chocolate chips.
- If you don't have oat flour, you can make your own by pulsing rolled oats in the food processor until it resembles the texture of fine flour.
- The brownies will feel firm but when you bite in they are soft and very fudgy.
- The brownies will mainly taste like chocolate with just a mild applesauce flavor. The applesauce is there more for creating the very fudgy texture.
- Optional Healthy Frosting: You will need 2 tbsp coconut oil (must be coconut oil), 3 tbsp natural cocoa powder (it will not work with dutch process) and 2 tbsp pure maple syrup. Melt the coconut oil in the microwave until it is a clear liquid. Whisk in the cocoa powder until uniform. Then add in the maple syrup and whisk until the mixture thickens. It should resemble a shiny ganache. Frost brownies once they are set.
- Estimated nutrition does not include frosting.
The nutrition information provided are only estimates based on an online nutritional calculator. I am not a certified nutritionist. Please consult a professional nutritionist or doctor for accurate information and any dietary restrictions and concerns you may have.