4 Ingredient Eggnog Cupcakes- If you have some extra leftover eggnog, making these cupcakes is a great way to use some up!
All the eggnog cake and cupcake recipes I’ve come across this month require adding additional eggs to the batter. I couldn’t help thinking that seemed redundant, since eggnog already has eggs mixed in.
So last week I bought some eggnog, just so I could experiment with making these cupcakes. I prepared the batter, stuck it in the oven and hoped for the best. My batter contains only four ingredients: eggnog, flour, baking powder and sugar.
Twenty minutes later, my cupcakes were done, and they tasted pretty darn good. The cupcakes didn’t rise as much as my normal cupcakes, but the flat surface actually made it easier to pipe frosting on.
I did a simple frosting of whipped cream, a hint of eggnog, and dusted it with cinnamon.
These are perfect if you’re looking for an easy dessert to make for a holiday party.
4 Ingredient Eggnog Cupcakes
for the cupcakes
- 1 cup cake flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup light eggnog
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
for the frosting:
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3 tbsp granulated sugar
- 2 tbsp light eggnog
- ground cinnamon for dusting
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line muffin pan with cupcake liners.
- In a large bowl, combine all cupcake ingredients and mix with a whisk until batter is smooth and no lumps remain. Pour batter into cupcake liners, filling each about 2/3 full. Bake for about 18-20 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Let cupcakes cool before frosting. To make the frosting, add whipping cream, sugar and eggnog to a bowl of a stand mixer and mix on high speed until stiff peaks form. Put frosting in piping bag to pipe. Sprinkle piped cupcakes with ground cinnamon.
The nutrition information provided are only estimates based on an online nutritional calculator. I am not a certified nutritionist. Please consult a professional nutritionist or doctor for accurate information and any dietary restrictions and concerns you may have.