- 120 g mashed avocado
- 1 tbsp lime or lemon juice
- 200 g cake flour
- 100 g all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- 115 g unsalted butter
- 50 g granulated sugar
- 150 g condensed milk
- 2 large eggs
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease two 3x8-inch loaf pans.
- Combine the avocado with the lemon. Press the mixture through a fine mesh strainer and set aside.
- In a medium-sized bowl, whisk the flour, baking powder and baking soda.
- In a large bowl, cream the butter and sugar until it’s pale and fluffy. Add one egg to the mixture and beat until it’s incorporated. Repeat with the other egg. Add the milk and continuing mixing until it’s combined. Stirring slowly, add half of the flour. Once it’s incorporated add the rest of the flour and stir until just combined. Add the avocado puree and stir until combined.
- Pour the batter into the pans. Bake the cakes for 35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the loaves comes out clean. Cool completely before slicing and serving.
Recipe source: Table for 2…Or More