I love the spring green color of this cake.
I made this a few months ago, but forgot to post about it until now. Being a big fan of avocados, I was excited when I came across this avocado loaf cake recipe on Table for 2…or more. I was immediately attracted to the color of the cake.
The cake was fairly easy to make and came out moist, with a texture similar to a pound cake. I was surprised by how strongt the avocado flavor was. I had expected something lighter.
It wasn’t my favorite recipe, but I did enjoy trying it out. I’ve had sweet avocado recipes before like avocado ice cream and avocado shakes, but this didn’t quite have the same taste. I do like the idea of mixing condensed milk with avocados though. Next time I have some ripe avocados I think I may fiddle around with creating a lighter and sweeter avocado cake. You can view the recipe here.
Avocado Milk Pound Cake
- 120 g mashed avocado
- 1 tbsp lime or lemon juice
- 200 g cake flour
- 100 g all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- 115 g unsalted butter
- 50 g granulated sugar
- 150 g condensed milk
- 2 large eggs
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease two 3x8-inch loaf pans.
- Combine the avocado with the lemon. Press the mixture through a fine mesh strainer and set aside.
- In a medium-sized bowl, whisk the flour, baking powder and baking soda.
- In a large bowl, cream the butter and sugar until it’s pale and fluffy. Add one egg to the mixture and beat until it’s incorporated. Repeat with the other egg. Add the milk and continuing mixing until it’s combined. Stirring slowly, add half of the flour. Once it’s incorporated add the rest of the flour and stir until just combined. Add the avocado puree and stir until combined.
- Pour the batter into the pans. Bake the cakes for 35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the loaves comes out clean. Cool completely before slicing and serving.
The nutrition information provided are only estimates based on an online nutritional calculator. I am not a certified nutritionist. Please consult a professional nutritionist or doctor for accurate information and any dietary restrictions and concerns you may have.