A few weeks ago I made pepperoni pizza puffs which ended up being a huge hit with the BF and on the blog. I was really surprised as they were just something I made on a whim. I never thought they would be so popular.
From the comments I received, I realized that the ingredients of this appetizer aren’t just appealing to BF, but to most men, and this really is a “man dish.” So for Superbowl weekend, I thought about how I could make this appetizer even more “manly.”
The solution? Bacon of course. So I took out the pepperoni and replaced it with bacon. Mini bacon and cheese pizza puffs. BF loved it. I personally prefer the pepperoni version but both work pretty well.
Bacon cheese puffs
- 3/4 cup flour
- 3/4 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 cup fat free milk
- 1 egg
- 1 1/4 cup shredded cheese I used cheddar and mozzarella
- 4 oz chopped bacon precooked
- Grease a mini muffin pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder, milk, egg, cheese, and cooked bacon, stirring until completely mixed. Spoon batter into the prepared mini-muffin cups about 2/3 full.
- Bake in an oven preheated to 400 degrees for 15-17 minutes. Serve while warm. For more of a pizza taste, you can serve with some marina sauce for dipping.
The nutrition information provided are only estimates based on an online nutritional calculator. I am not a certified nutritionist. Please consult a professional nutritionist or doctor for accurate information and any dietary restrictions and concerns you may have.