Skinny Bang Bang Chicken with Cauliflower Rice Meal Prep
Seared chicken with sauteed spinach served with cauliflower rice and drizzled with a skinny version of my bang bang sauce. It’s a low carb, easy meal that can be made ahead of time for your weekly meal prep.
We just returned from a quick trip to Chicago where we did a lot of eating. So we are in definite need for some low carb meal prep meals.
This is basically seared chicken and spinach, which normally would be way to boring and healthy for Mr. K. But when you add the bang bang sauce, it tastes so much better! I also used a skinny version of my bang bang sauce, substituting half of the light mayonnaise for nonfat plain Greek yogurt.
The sauce doesn’t need to be heated up, making this a great summer dish that doesn’t have to be eaten steaming hot.
Bang Bang Chicken with Cauliflower Rice Meal Prep
- 5 tbsp olive oil, divided
- 1 lb chicken breast or tenders
- 1 lb fresh spinach
- 4 cups cauliflower rice (you can buy pre-riced cauliflower or rice your own by pulsing cauliflower florets in a food processor)
- salt to taste
- 1 lime, cut into four wedges
Bang Bang sauce (this makes a little more than four servings worth so you will have some extra)
- 1/4 cup + 2 tbsp fat free plain Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup + 2 tbsp light mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup + 2 tbsp Thai sweet chili sauce
- 1 1/2 tbsp honey
- 1 1/2 tsp sriracha sauce
- 2 tsp lime juice
- In a large skillet, add 2 tbsp olive oil and bring to medium high heat. Add chicken breast to pan and cook a few minutes on both sides until chicken is cooked and has a light brown sear on both sides. Remove chicken and set aside to allow to cool. When chicken is cooled, slice into 1/2 inch thick pieces.
- Add another 1 tbsp of olive oil to skillet and bring to medium high heat. Add spinach and cook until tender. Add salt to taste. I recommend adding less salt than usual since you will also be mixing the spinach with the bang bang sauce later. Remove spinach to allow to cool.
- Add remaining 2 tbsp olive oil to skillet and bring to medium high heat. Add cauliflower rice and cook until cauliflower is tender but still crisp. Mix in salt as needed. When cauliflower rice is finished, remove from heat and allow to cool.
- In a bowl, add all sauce ingredients. Mix with a whisk until uniform.
- Add cauliflower rice, spinach and chicken to meal prep containers. Add sauce to four small containers and place into meal prep containers. You should have some sauce leftover. I wanted to make sure there was enough sauce rather than not having enough sauce. Add a lime wedge to each meal prep container. Close containers and store in fridge.
- When ready to eat, remove sauce container and lime wedge and heat up remaining food. Drizzle food with sauce and fresh lime juice.
All images and content are © Kirbie's Cravings.
Did you make this recipe?
Share it on instagram with the hashtag #kirbiecravings!
Some of the product links contained in this post are affiliate links. Much like referral codes, this means I earn a small commission if you purchase a product I referred (at no extra charge to you).