Cheesy Cauliflower Fritters (Keto, Low Carb)
Crispy cheesy cauliflower fritters which are also keto, low carb, wheat flour free and gluten free. These make a delicious side dish.
I like making cauliflower fritters for brunch. They make a great substitute for hash browns or potatoes. I previously shared a recipe for cauliflower fritters last year. However, I wanted to create a low carb and keto friendly version.
These are a little trickier to cook without the all purpose flour. However, the cheese, eggs and a little bit of coconut flour, helped to keep these fritters from falling apart during cooking.
These cheesy cauliflower fritters really hit the spot. They are soft and flavorful on the inside and crispy around the edges.
Cheesy Cauliflower Fritters
- 1 lb cauliflower florets
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tbsp coconut flour
- 2 tbsp finely chopped scallions (plus additional for garnish)
- olive oil (for cooking cauliflower fritters)
- sour cream (for garnish)
- Shred the cauliflower with a food processor or large cheese grater. Steam cauliflower until just tender.
- Mix in cheese with cauliflower while the cauliflower is still hot, until cheese is melted and evenly mixed in.
- Add in eggs, coconut flour and scallions. Mix until everything is evenly combined.
- Use a 1/4 cup to scoop cauliflower batter. Use the back of a spoon to compress and compact cauliflower mixture into the measuring cup.
- Add about 2 tbsp of olive oil to a nonstick skillet and bring to medium heat. Drop the cauliflower batter into the pan and press down slightly to form thick disc. Cook cauliflower a few minutes on each side until crispy. Make sure the bottom side is completely browned and cooked before attempting to flip cauliflower to other side. The cauliflower will not be stable enough to flip until one side is cooked.
- Repeat with remaining cauliflower. Add more oil to pan if needed. When cauliflower fritters are done, top with sour cream and scallions and serve.
All images and content are © Kirbie's Cravings.
Did you make this recipe?
Share it on instagram with the hashtag #kirbiecravings!
The nutrition information provided are only estimates based on an online nutritional calculator. I am not a certified nutritionist. Please consult a professional nutritionist or doctor for accurate information and any dietary restrictions and concerns you may have.