Cauliflower bread is topped with melted butter and crushed garlic for a low carb and healthier garlic bread alternative.
Lately, I’ve been making my cauliflower bread buns a lot. Unlike most of the cauliflower bread and cauliflower crust recipes, it doesn’t require you to wring the cauliflower dry. As a result, you have a thicker, fluffier bread. You also taste the cauliflower more so if you’re trying to hide the cauliflower flavor this may not be for you, but I like cauliflower so I don’t mind.
This garlic bread starts with my cauliflower bread, though I made one large one instead of several individual buns. It’s then broiled in the oven with the usual butter, garlic, olive oil, parsley and cheese spread.
No it doesn’t taste like traditional garlic bread, but it does taste delicious. I love the addition of the garlicky spread to the cauliflower bread.
Cauliflower Garlic Bread
- 3 cups finely riced raw cauliflower (see note)
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 4 tbsp almond flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp chopped parsley
- 3 tbsp parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine cauliflower, eggs, cheese, garlic powder, almond flour, baking powder. Mix with a large spoon until everything is thoroughly combined.
- Pour contents of the cauliflower bread batter onto baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Using a spatula, spread and smooth out until you have an oval or rectangle that is 1/2 inch thick. The width and length is up to you. I did an oval shape that measured 11 inches for the large diameter and 7 1/2 inches for the small diameter.
- Place cauliflower bread in oven and cook for about 25 minutes or until edges turn brown and top is golden. When the bread is done, it should also easily come off the parchment paper.
- Add butter, oil and garlic to a small saucepan and heat on the stove just until butter is melted. Brush garlic butter mixture onto bread, making sure to get all the minced garlic evenly spread over surface of the bread. Sprinkle 1 tsp parsley evenly over bread. Sprinkle parmesan cheese evenly over bread.
- Place an oven-safe cooling rack on top of your baking sheet and carefully place cauliflower bread on top of the cooling rack. Place bread into oven and set your oven to low broil. Cook about 5 minutes or until cheese is melted and begins to brown and edges of the cauliflower bread crisp up.
- Remove bread from oven. Sprinkle with remaining parsley. Slice and serve.
- I recommend pulsing cauliflower florets in a food processor until they resemble coarse crumbs like photo in the post.
The nutrition information provided are only estimates based on an online nutritional calculator. I am not a certified nutritionist. Please consult a professional nutritionist or doctor for accurate information and any dietary restrictions and concerns you may have.