Cheesy Cauliflower Muffins
These cheesy cauliflower muffins are savory, low carb, gluten-free and delicious. Also, unlike other cauliflower recipes, you don’t need to dry out the cauliflower.
These photos came out a little more dark and moody than I intended. It was a rainy day today so I had barely any light to work with. I am dreading the first weekend of November, when Daylight Savings Time ends and it’ll be dark by 5 PM. I need my daylight!
These muffins are easy to make. Like I said, no need to wring dry the cauliflower. Simply pulse your cauliflower in a food processor, add the other ingredients, mix, and it’s ready to bake.
They make a good snack, appetizer, side dish, meal, etc. After all the weekend indulgences, these were a guilt-free way to start my week and keep me away from the large bag of Halloween candy calling my name.
- 3 cups finely pulsed raw cauliflower florets (cauliflower should be pulsed until they resemble coarse/large crumbs; 3 cups will be about 1/2 of a large head of cauliflower but please measure it out)
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup + 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup almond flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp dry Italian seasoning herb blend
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 375F. Line a cupcake/muffin pan with cupcake liners. I prefer to use parchment cupcake liners* as the muffins will not stick to them at all.
- Combine cauliflower, eggs, 1/2 cup cheese, almond flour, baking powder, Italian seasoning, onion powder and garlic powder. Mix with a large spoon or spatula until smooth.
- Using an ice cream scooper, scoop batter into muffin cups, about 2/3 full. You should be able to fill 11 liners. Sprinkle remaining cheese over muffins.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until muffins are completely cooked and no longer wet to the touch. If desired, garnish with fresh chopped parsley before serving.
All images and content are © Kirbie's Cravings.
Did you make this recipe?
Share it on instagram with the hashtag #kirbiecravings!