These chicken teriyaki burritos make a great fun and easy weeknight meal and you can make extra for lunch.
Fall is definitely here. While I don’t mind the cooler weather, I really hate that the sun sets earlier now. Over the summer, we were able to eat dinner later and enjoy the extended daylight hours, but now with it getting dark so early, I always feel rushed to get our dinner ready.
Enter these chicken teriyaki rice burritos. They are easy to make and you can always make extra because they reheat well. Mine came together even faster by using precooked Crazy Cuizine’s chicken teriyaki, which can be found in the frozen food section at most grocery retailers (Haggen’s, Food 4 Less, Walmart , etc).
I’ve mentioned this before, but I always stock a few boxes of Crazy Cuizine for those days when I need a little help to get a meal together fast. Crazy Cuizine products are made with high-quality, mostly U.S.-sourced ingredients and are free of preservatives, trans fat, and MSG. You can learn more about their products on their website or follow them on Facebook.
Each box includes fully cooked protein and pre-made sauce. You just need to heat everything up. For these teriyaki chicken burritos, I also made rice which I seasoned with some of the pre-made sauce, and added vegetables to the chicken for a balanced meal.
How to Fold Teriyaki Chicken Burritos
Step 1: Place your tortillas and ingredients within arm’s reach to make it easy to make the burritos.
Step 2: Place some of the rice, teriyaki chicken and vegetables in the center of a tortilla leaving space around the edges.
Step 3: Fold the sides of the tortilla over the filling.
Step 4: Holding the sides over the filling, fold the tortilla end closest to you over the filling.
Step 5: Tuck the end of the tortilla just under the filling while holding the sides of the tortilla in place.
Step 6: Roll the burrito so that the sides are closed.
Step 7: Continue rolling until the filling is completely encased in the tortilla.
The fun thing about making your own burritos is that you can customize to your liking and everyone can fold their own. Add more rice, add more chicken, overstuff them, make them thin, etc.
Love easy dinners? You might like my Mandarin Orange Chicken Quesadillas, too.
Chicken Teriyaki & Rice Burritos
- 1 (20 oz) box Crazy Cuizine Teriyaki Chicken (see note)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 crown of broccoli chopped into bite-sized pieces
- 1 carrot thinly sliced
- 2 cups of brown rice cooked
- 1 package large tortilla rounds
- Add olive oil to pan or wok and bring to medium-high heat. When the oil is hot, add in the chicken. Stir-fry until chicken is hot and slightly browned. Add in broccoli and carrots and cook until just about done.
- Stir in 2/3 of the sauce. Mix until everything is fully coated. Remove chicken from heat.
- Stir remaining sauce into the hot cooked rice.
- To assemble your burritos, add a layer of rice and then teriyaki chicken to the middle section of your tortillas. Fold in ends of tortilla. Then roll the end of the tortilla that is closest to you over the filling, tightly tucking it in as much as possible and pulling it towards you. Roll your tortilla forward until you run out of tortilla.
- Look for Crazy Cuizine products in the frozen foods aisle at the grocery store.
The nutrition information provided are only estimates based on an online nutritional calculator. I am not a certified nutritionist. Please consult a professional nutritionist or doctor for accurate information and any dietary restrictions and concerns you may have.
This post is sponsored by Crazy Cuizine. All opinions expressed remain my own.