- 1 tbsp instant espresso powder
- 1 tbsp boiling water
- 8 oz unsalted butter softened
- 2/3 cup powdered sugar
- ½ tsp vanilla
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 4 oz mini chocolate chips
- In a small bowl, dissolve the espresso powder in the boiling water.
- In a large bowl, beat the butter and sugar until smooth. Add the vanilla and the expresso and stir to combine. Add the flour and mix at a low speed just until the flour is incorporated. Don’t overwork the dough. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Form the dough into logs and wrap them in plastic wrap. Chill the dough for at least hours or up to two days.
- Preheat the oven to 325°F. Remove the cookie logs from the plastic wrap and slice them into round cookie shapes. Place them on a baking sheet.
- Bake the cookies for 18 to 20 minutes or until they are baked through. The cookies will not spread and will be light in color. Transfer the cookies to a baking rack to cool.
Recipe source: Use Real Butter