I vowed that I didn’t need any more Nordic Ware pans. And then I saw this one. And suddenly I found myself with a new Nordic Ware Gift Cakelette Pan*. In my defense, I don’t have a mini holiday gift pan. Well, I have a holiday mini muffin pan, but the cakes I’ve baked in it don’t come out well. You can barely see the shapes. So I needed a new one.
I love how cute the mini cakes are in this pan. I wish I had a mini Christmas tree to stick them under. I wanted to make a holiday type of cake for this pan. I originally was planning on making chocolate gingerbread cake but then realized I was out of molasses. So instead I decided to make chocolate cinnamon cakes.
These cakes are easy to make and delicious. The cakes aren’t intensely chocolate, but they still have a good chocolate flavor and the cinnamon adds a great dimension to the cake and is perfect for this holiday season.
*Some of the links contained in this post are affiliate links. Much like referral codes, this means I earn a small commission if you purchase a product I referred (at no extra charge to you).
Mini Cinnamon Chocolate Bundt Cakes
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup vegetable or canola oil
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 5 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a small pot bring water, oil, butter and cocoa to a boil, and stir until mixed.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, salt, cinnamon with a whisk. Add the chocolate mixture to the flour and mix until combined.
- Add the sour cream, baking soda, eggs and vanilla to the batter and mix until combined.
- Greased mini bundt pans with Pam with flour, then pour in batter about 2/3 full. Bake in a preheated oven for approximately 20-25 minutes
The nutrition information provided are only estimates based on an online nutritional calculator. I am not a certified nutritionist. Please consult a professional nutritionist or doctor for accurate information and any dietary restrictions and concerns you may have.