If you love chocolate and peanut butter you will love this easy mug cake recipe. It’s made with chocolate peanut butter spread and cooks in the microwave in just a few minutes.
I’ve been baking a lot with Dark Chocolate Dreams*, which is a chocolate peanut butter spread because I bought a whole pack of them a while back on Amazon and need to use them up.
I used some to make chocolate peanut butter and jelly cookies which I really liked and now I’ve used it to make an easy chocolate peanut butter mug cake.
One of my favorite mug cake recipes is my peanut butter mug cake. It’s perfectly creamy and fluffy and has the best texture of all the mug cakes I’ve made. So, I thought, why not use my chocolate peanut spread to make a chocolate version?
The texture of this chocolate peanut butter mug cake isn’t exactly the same, but I still really like it. I really enjoyed the chocolate and peanut butter flavor combination. This recipe makes two small mug cakes.
How to Make a Chocolate Peanut Butter Mug Cake
Like most of my mug cakes, this one is pretty easy to make and takes hardly any time to cook in the microwave. Here are the ingredients you need:
- All-purpose flour
- Granulated sugar
- Baking powder
- Chocolate peanut butter spread
- Vegetable oil
Just mix all of the ingredients together and divide it into two mugs. Cook each separately for 1 ½ minutes in the microwave. If it’s not done add 30 more seconds.
If you are doing one large mug cake, it will probably take at least two minutes to cook.
I hope you enjoy this new mug cake! If you want even more recipes be sure to check out my round-up of all of my favorite mug cake recipes.
*Some of the links contained in this post are affiliate links. Much like referral codes, this means I earn a small commission if you purchase a product I referred (at no extra charge to you).
Chocolate Peanut Butter Mug Cake
- 4 tbsp all purpose flour
- 4 tbsp white granulated sugar
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1 egg
- 3 tbsp chocolate peanut butter
- 3 tbsp milk
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil
- Combine all ingredients in an oversized coffee mug or if you want to make 2 servings, mix all ingredients into 1 cup and then divide half the batter into the second cup. Whisk well with a small whisk until smooth.
- Microwave on high for 1 1/2 minutes and then take it out to check to see if it is done. (If you are doing 2, microwave each one separately.) If not done, continue to microwave in thirty-second intervals. When I do 2 servings, they are usually done at 1.5 mins. For a single oversized one, mine was done at 2 minutes. You don’t want to overcook it or it will become rubbery.
The nutrition information provided are only estimates based on an online nutritional calculator. I am not a certified nutritionist. Please consult a professional nutritionist or doctor for accurate information and any dietary restrictions and concerns you may have.