- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa not dutch processed
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/2 cups packed shredded zucchini
- 1 cup semisweet mini chocolate chips divided
Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a 8 inch x 4 inch baking pan with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine eggs, oil, brown sugar and vanilla. Whisk until smooth.
- In a separate small bowl, sift together flour, cocoa, and baking soda.
- Add dry ingredients to the wet batter. Mix until evenly combined. Stir in zucchini. Stir in ¾ cup chocolate chips.
- Pour batter into prepared loaf pan. Top with remaining chocolate chips.
- Bake approximately 50 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean (it’s okay if there is melted chocolate chips, but you don’t want any wet batter.) Allow cake to cool before cutting and serving.
You do not need to squeeze or drain the water from the zucchini. You will need it to keep the bread moist.
I recommend using a hand grater to shred the zucchini. The finer the shreds, the less noticeable the zucchini will be in the bread.
Adapted from Two Peas & Their Pod